Rear suspension knock

Jordanfaf

Winner - POTM November 2017, January 2018
Just had H&R springs fitted, and I get a slight knocking noise when going over ramps. Sounds like it might just be the boot lid getting a jolt or even the tyre kit.

Is there a chance that something wasn't bolted down correctly in the spring install (I've been told the top mount nut, but the shock wasn't removed) or is it likely just something getting jolted from the firm ride.

I don't mind the noise (just another rattle to the list) but am worried i could have something loose and ready to fall off!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Just with you mentioning the bootlid, the lock can cause a knock - I can't think off the top of my head, but I'm sure there's a thread on here about it. It might be worth investigating that first to at least rule it out, before you had a look at the suspension.

Reactions: Jordanfaf
There is this guide in the How To section, which explains how to adjust the striker to stop any knocking. It's in the paid member section, so you'll need to join up to view it. Loads of other useful guides in there too.

There is this guide in the How To section, which explains how to adjust the striker to stop any knocking. It's in the paid member section, so you'll need to join up to view it. Loads of other useful guides in there too.
Been looking for an excuse to get paid membership. Just signed up there [emoji106]

Been looking for an excuse to get paid membership. Just signed up there [emoji106]

Great stuff! I hope the guide helps, if that's what's causing the knocking! It might not be, but at least it's something you can check easily enough.

Someone else might have an alternative suggestion to what could be causing it.

Let us know how you get on.

Great stuff! I hope the guide helps, if that's what's causing the knocking! It might not be, but at least it's something you can check easily enough.

Someone else might have an alternative suggestion to what could be causing it.

Let us know how you get on.
We're golden! Problem solved thanks jimmy [emoji108]