Superchips special offer on Bluefin

Anybody on here with a 200 using a bluefin? Was thinking about going for this myself especially with the 7 day money back gaurantee. I've also got my centre silencer removed and wonder if anyone else has the same with the bluefin that can comment.

Anybody on here with a 200 using a bluefin? Was thinking about going for this myself especially with the 7 day money back gaurantee. I've also got my centre silencer removed and wonder if anyone else has the same with the bluefin that can comment.

I got mine on Friday for the 200, same problem with downloading the file, but again my work server, doesn't let much through, but Clive at Superchips, soon had me up and running. Only done a few miles so far, as I have a show this weekend and have been getting my mk2 Focus RS buffed up for concours tomorrow, so not a lot of miles so far.

Initial thoughts are it is smoother, not sure on the power delivery, but if for any reason you don't like it, they give you your money back. For £200 I think it is a cheap remap and worth the money. As our cars have learn ECUs it will get better, and whatever mods you have, it should work, with them.

Life's too short just do it..........

Good, was wet when i went out last night and definately reving more freely and harder and noticeable between 5-7.. K

Done 100 miles round trip this am on usual roads and mixed driving. MPG same and usual flat spot hardly there if not at all.

Will try with 64mm TB on mon am. Worth the 200 notes.

Still all good Jason? considering punting for one this week

Got mine yesterday, had the programme uploaded to the device - now just waiting for it to stop raining so i can go and install it!

Yeah, still OK. Best 200 notes you will spend on the clio in terms of power mod.

Although the larger TB is still settling in and getting better by the day - limp mode kicks in now only on higher revs (6k) full throttle. Spoke to Superchips and they said OK to extend the 7 days if TB is improving instead of a return.

Very tempted to go back to the STD TB I tested on at the weekend as the car flew then and flat spot as seems better on the bluefin map and desperate to give it the full beans again.

Go on Mike, takes 3 mins literally and best way for you to notice the change in power lol. It was wet when I first installed and did keep me more amused on the same usual roads I give it a bit of welly..

do it! do it! do it!

Installed the map yesterday and have done about 50 miles since.

The "flat spot" between 2-3k has been smoothed out and the kind of torque surge at 3k comes in around 2k. There is noticably more in gear torque whilst cuising on DC and motorway speeds.

It feels more responsive mid-high range but slightly less so at low revs. I only say this as the car tends not to kangaroo now and I put it down to not responding to minor inputs at very low speeds.

Overall happy with it so far, looking forward to exploring it more in days to come :smile:

Sounds like a perfect summary right there.

My mpg has slightly improved after the remap (only 1mpg but it all helps).

I also noticed it runs better on Tesco Momentum rather than VPower. That might just be the engine in general though, nothing to do with the remap.

Last edited:
Have you also notice the shift light comes in a tad earlier too.. Are you running any other mods, TB/exhaust/filter???

Have you also notice the shift light comes in a tad earlier too.. Are you running any other mods, TB/exhaust/filter???

Can't say I have to be honest mate.

Only other engine mod is ITG Maxogen air intake. Thats been on a couple of weeks now and seems to have helped low down torque.

I've noticed shift light comming on earlier,I've fitted cat back milltek since fitting bluefin and added with pedal box, car is 10x better to drive.

Would be interesting to get one on a rolling road just to see the difference in curve.

Last edited:
I seen in fast car mag ( i know bored waiting in flight) that demon tweeks are doing it for £225 comes with a performance panel filter think it was k&n. That not a bad deal either :smile:

I sent Superchips an email and this is there reply.

Good afternoon Paul.
At the moment we haven’t seen many of the Clio 197 or 200 models with aftermarket modifications and a bluefin that have needed custom mapping.
Mild airflow improvements like from fitting an induction kit or a cat back exhaust will not need any significant changes to the mapping but more dramatic improvements may benefit from further changes to the fuelling and ignition mapping.
If you can provide us with your serial number we can have a look to see if we have any more maps for your cars factory software.
Sent: 04 May 2012 11:08
To: Sales
Subject: Superchips - Contact Form
May 4, 2012, 10:

---------------------------
Subject: General Comment
Content:
Hi, I was just wondering if you will be offering additional maps for the Clio197 bluefin such as with mods on car, I purchased one in January but since have fiited induction and Miltek exhaust, Regards Paul
--
Michael Howard
Superchips Ltd
2-18 Homestall
Buckingham Industrial Park
Buckingham
Bucks
MK18 1XJ
Tel: +44 (0)1280 816781 Extn:
http://www.superchips.co.uk
http://

Well after a week of use and a tank of fuel, the settling period is about complete, and the transformation is well worth the money. The main difference is the urgency of the car now, seems to pull better all round, it is smoother, and above 5500 it really pulls strong. Fuel consumption is less as well so more miles per pound. So all in all, top mod, well worth the dosh. Wouldn't bother doing anything else, if you want to go faster buy a Megane!!!.