Superchips response regarding Bluefin...

Can someone put this into English for me i'm no mapping, AFR expert haha

Hi Scott. Thank you for your enquiry.
The car should run richer AFRs when modified, not leaner. Renault set them to 13.5 : 1 AFR as standard. We map them to run 12.0 : 1 AFR's at full load and full throttle. Part throttle and low rpm remain as stock.

haha i know it means air fuel ratio thanks guys lol

I want to know what he is saying in terms of effects on the car I guess :smile:

He tells you in the email. They make it run richer - meaning more fuel is injected to increase the fuel to air ratio. 1 part fuel and 12 parts are instead of 1 part fuel and 13.5 parts air.

I only asked him cause I read somewhere that someone got there car on the rolling road and with the map it was running dangerously lean 14.5:1. I'm sure the car would protect itself before it got too dangerous anyway wouldnt it.

Last edited:
the problem with generic maps like the bluefin, they were designed on a specific car, now as we all know not all cars are born the same hence what was perfect on the developement car might not be very good another.

Ill post up my fueling graph later

Mine was above what they say they map there's too. Thinking was 14.7.

Every car is different and each map will effort car differently. I wasn't Happy with mine so had my money back. Not worth a risk with engine for me how fueling was.