Superchips special offer on Bluefin

I want one of these as I really can't be arsed going to a rolling road lol spent so much on the car lately its crazy, what I would like to know is if I got a de cat could superchips send me a suited map?

Ask them mate!

I know on Focus ST's they offered Stage 1, Stage 2 & Stage 3 maps depending on the mods to the car and you could upgrade to the next stage at a small cost.

But then something like that may not be worth it for N/A engines....dunno?

Collected new toy and roll on 6pm for some playtime.

They say no quibble refund and if there is little gain or improvement its just a 20 miles round trip.

I asked about mods. Maps is fine for bigger TB, air and mild exhaust. Anymore will need custom map and they charge 150 per hr.

Downside of bluefin you cant store multiple maps like the rstuning box.

:smile:

Last edited:
Collected new toy and roll on 6pm for some playtime.

They say no quibble refund and if there is little gain or improvement its just a 20 miles round trip. ...
:smile:

A mate of mine bought one for a Asstra 1.6 turbo, and had no noticeable improvement and posted it back, they refunded straight away.

Took me 2 days to get mine working in January, had a small glitch with Internet and it f**ked it up, had to phone Superchips to get it sorted.

Didnt realise the RS tuning box is £474.00!!

The box isn't, that's including a custom map based upon the data logging feature his box carries out, it's likely to be the closest you are gonna get to a custom map without going to a dyno or having someone driving you car and mapping it live on the road, same sort of work Henks would carry out using datalogging. However, the bluefin doesn't have a data logging function, so, all the maps are generic based upon what has been trialled by them on others cars. I don't know much about ktecs new item with regards to data logging to allow them to carry out customisation of a map

Apologies gents, it was a bit of both.

Collected this afternoon, connected to car to copy original map/install pc software & connect bluefin to communicate with Superchips server. It would not connect (possible my work server as i work for a bank and access is restricted) Called superchips at 1600 and they done some checks of server address and agreed to manually do the map upload. So was talked through xtracting files from bluefin and uploading modded one. 1630 sent files and 1710 got my modded one back (they shut at 1700).

As I collected, and its not really a sales outet there, i was served by one of their software guys and they do have a passion for what they do and very helpful..

So customer service = 10/10

Now the bit you have been waiting for.

Took 5 mins to load modded map after work. On 1st three starts, i noticed the engine did crank over for an extra couple of seconds but fine after that.

Drive - I live in mkeynes which is mainly dual carriageways with lots of roundabouts and I did notice the flat spot low down was improved and the car did rev better to the point I was changing sooner than i usually do under the same acceleration and hit the rev limiter on two occasions as it does pull that little bit harder at the top end where it peaks and did not expect it.

Definately better driveability and over the weekend will do the without and with test. I can definately say there is a nice improvement.

Test over the weekend will be how it does with the 64mm TB back on now that the fault with my car is sorted sorted out why before it was not settling in..

Bonus, as the map was uploaded manually, I can view the modded map. Not looked at as I have been busy playing hehe

Data logging point - The unit has this functionality as well as ecu fault code read/clear, vehicle immobilisation from bluefin and even the remote wont start it. You can also swap maps back and forth as many times so warranty/dealer peeps can keep their hair on.

Right off for another blast & fill up.

Thanks again for the link share and cant believe I already spend 400 notes in two weeks on tweeks. shocking!!

The RS tuning box, i called them to see if they would do a price match or something. They were not keen and said to get power out of the 197's it is mapping. the box is just improve driveability.

Downside with Bluefin is you can only store one map (mod & original unlike others) and they do make tweeks and charge 150/hr.

Good, was wet when i went out last night and definately reving more freely and harder and noticeable between 5-7.. K

Done 100 miles round trip this am on usual roads and mixed driving. MPG same and usual flat spot hardly there if not at all.

Will try with 64mm TB on mon am. Worth the 200 notes.