Supercharger my 197.

The GEN90 is not causing a problem, the fact is we have not had the time to get it fully installed on the 197 due to our work load.

David.

Last edited:
I am not sure whether the supercharger route are realistically viable for me at present. Problems continue to be with the Renault ecu. I'm guessing if any kit requires a standalone unit, but this would push the kits price up by another £700 -£1000 which I'm guessing would make it be in excess of 5 grand+. If the average Clio 197 is worth 7 - 8 grand, do the maths - 13 grand is a lot of money considering that you'll make your car differcult to sell, insurance costs will increase, not the mention the fuel!!!!!

Its been said many times before, I'm not sure Clio's are the car to be modded. If you want big power buy a Meg 26 F1 for 8 grand and put £1000 in it and you'll have 300 bhp car that will handle like the clio but with more power IMO

I am trying to find a white one.....

Last edited:
Id much rather Ktec to take several years to properly design and test the supercharger unit before "bolting" one on my engine and have a piston shoot through my block.

As for the cost I don't think people supercharging are really interested in the cost of it, granted 4-5 k is a lot of money on a car thats worth 8k but its the uniqueness and the incredible car you would have after that makes it worth while.

If I supercharge and thats a very big IF, it would have to be proven reliable over big miles and provide enough power to stop me wanting the "next level"

Sounds like you need to outsource the mapping to Horsham Developments to speed things up!

Can you tell me whether the AC can be retained with the SC kit?

Thanks, Rich

Sounds like you need to outsource the mapping to Horsham Developments to speed things up!

Thanks, Rich

think you've misunderstood. there's no delay with mapping and Ktec have a dyno on site and a dedicated mapper. Jez wouldn't be interested anyway

Thanks, Rich

Mines still got AC, CC, everything.

I am not sure whether the supercharger route are realistically viable for me at present. Problems continue to be with the Renault ecu. I'm guessing if any kit requires a standalone unit, but this would push the kits price up by another £700 -£1000 which I'm guessing would make it be in excess of 5 grand+. If the average Clio 197 is worth 7 - 8 grand, do the maths - 13 grand is a lot of money considering that you'll make your car differcult to sell, insurance costs will increase, not the mention the fuel!!!!!

Its been said many times before, I'm not sure Clio's are the car to be modded. If you want big power buy a Meg 26 F1 for 8 grand and put £1000 in it and you'll have 300 bhp car that will handle like the clio but with more power IMO

I am trying to find a white one.....

It'll cost you more than a grand to get 300 bhp on an r26...

It'll cost you more than a grand to get 300 bhp on an r26...

Ktec quote stage 1 as an additional 40bhp (270bhp) = £400. You would have £600 for an exhaust and with a little bit more an intercooler. I guess I'm saying a £1000'ish spent on a Meg gets you closer to where you want to be. As oppose to £5000 on a clio and yet to be proven reliable power?

Daft debate really because for me logic and moddin' aren't mutual friends. I welcome people 'pushin the boundaries' as it keeps the scene alive. I take my hat off to Jonesy and Mike for havin' the balls to do it.....and I guess it makes life easier for those to follow as Jamsport and RS Tuning will have already learn't lots from doing this work.

Last edited:
Ktec quote stage 1 as an additional 40bhp (270bhp) = £400. You would have £600 for an exhaust and with a little bit more an intercooler. I guess I'm saying a £1000'ish spent on a Meg gets you closer to where you want to be.

To get close to 300bhp is stage 2, usually needs exhaust, decat, intercooler, uprated recirc valve, uprated actuator, quite often the clutch will be at it's limits on torque, hybrid route will get you nearer but that's dearer again. Over 300 best start thinking forged internals... Even stage is 2 it's starting to get advised that it could we worthwhile to get uprated rod bolts as well

Sorry were getting a bit off topic

To get close to 300bhp is stage 2, usually needs exhaust, decat, intercooler, uprated recirc valve, uprated actuator, quite often the clutch will be at it's limits on torque, hybrid route will get you nearer but that's dearer again. Over 300 best start thinking forged internals... Even stage is 2 it's starting to get advised that it could we worthwhile to get uprated rod bolts as well

Sorry were getting a bit off topic

Sorry again off topic....
Ok, I don't own a Meg so was just an estimated guess but out of interest, £1000 for a remap, an exhaust + decat gives you what BHP?

Sorry again off topic....
Ok, I don't own a Meg so was just an estimated guess but out of interest, £1000 for a remap, an exhaust + decat gives you what BHP?

Mine went to just under 250 with just the map, I think the guys who have done the exhaust and decat have been upto 270-5ish once mapped on a very good engine, if I went that route with mine I would expect prob 265 tops, but with the meg it's all about the torque....

powertorque.gif

Last edited:
Just a thought, I like the sounds superchargers make, could you unbolt the turbo and stick a super on a Meg?

Mine went to just under 250 with just the map, I think the guys who have done the exhaust and decat have been upto 270-5ish once mapped on a very good engine, if I went that route with mine I would expect prob 265 tops, but with the meg it's all about the torque....

Not bad though 265-270 bhp. I'm interested in a Meg so if you have a spare moment, would be interested to see what 250 horses feels like in a Meg. Your in the north west aren't you?

Just a thought, I like the sounds superchargers make, could you unbolt the turbo and stick a super on a Meg?

Pass, ktec or rs tuning would probably know, I've not heard mention of it being tried by any of the megs I know

Not bad though 265-270 bhp. I'm interested in a Meg so if you have a spare moment, would be interested to see what 250 horses feels like in a Meg. Your in the north west aren't you?

Pm'd

A supercharger and turbocharger setup is quite different, you could convert but it wouldn't be a case of unbolting one and bolting on the other.

its a quite interesting thread this because "super charging" is making a bit of a come back

theres a few makers out there having small capacity engines with a charger fitted so they have power when required but also the economy as the new chargers are a lot more efficient now

i still think if you want forced induction on a clio its best to sell it and buy a megane or fit the megane engine :001_rolleyes:

Similar Thread Suggestions