Suited and Booted

Hi all,finally got my wheels powder coated and new rubber on today,been waiting to get both done at the same time to save a bit of cash having the tyres fitted,really happy with the results...

7414291342_91f51068ec_b.jpg
AD08's + wheel refurb by scott1532, on Flickr

the weather has been shocking here in sunny teesside today,pissing it down so never got chance to give it alot in the bends,but i did give it some in a straight line and the grip was vastly improved,pulled away alot better,so for obvious reasons i couldn't wash the tyre soap and muck off when i got home but a few more shots anyway in between storms...

7414379704_82e5928aeb_b.jpg
wheel refurb by scott1532, on Flickr

thought about going gloss black for a while but after seeing a set the powder coater had done previous it was just to much for me,far to blingy so settled on a colour he called matt black,tbf i just wanted them the same colour they where and i don't think they are far off..

7414308872_bbc7305ec3_b.jpg
AD08's wheel refurb by scott1532, on Flickr

7414420114_bf29075688_b.jpg
AD08's + wheel refurb by scott1532, on Flickr

they where done at a place in stockton called Romax,£196 all in and considering they fitted my new tyres for free,wow! would have cost roughly £70 to have them fitted and balanced at tyre garages,so bonus! only took 6 hours from drop off to pick up as well,...happy days!

Last edited:
Wheels look nicely beefy with the spacers.

Good rubber also. Not managed to test out our '08s yet.

Top job fella!look good.Very good rep Romax never herd a bad word about them and price is right to,ime sure the weather will change next week to test them 08's:smile:

nice job

awesome job on those wheels mate :thumbup1: would like to hear your feedback on how good they tyres perform, will be needing new rubber soon.

awesome job on those wheels mate :thumbup1: would like to hear your feedback on how good they tyres perform, will be needing new rubber soon.

the tyres are simply awesome mate,its scary trying to find the limit of them as they just grip and grip and grip,even in the wet,they also look stunning and fill the arches that little bit more with there square side wall and for £496 for all 4 they are up there as one of my best mods...

I back up what Henderson says bout the tyres. I just got a set (Slightly cheaper than Henderson) and really rate them.

Will be testing them on Knockhill on Wednesday so will feedback my thoughts about them on the track.

What discs are you using they look nice!!

they are brembo black edition front discs mate,same as standard discs i think but with 6 grooves in,no real performance gain to be far,i bought them as my OEM ones where shot and these simply looked better,the grooves do help clean the pads though so there is a slight advantage i suppose

the tyres are simply awesome mate,its scary trying to find the limit of them as they just grip and grip and grip,even in the wet,they also look stunning and fill the arches that little bit more with there square side wall and for £496 for all 4 they are up there as one of my best mods...

good to hear you tested them out at last fella!great rubber they are.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Wheels and Tyres 7