Stupid question but...

tchalikias

Paid Member
You know those moments when you do something completely stupid that you never thought you would do and you feel like banging your head against the wall??

Well I had a moment like that yesterday...

I decided to go for a little drive with my (brand new) 200 so I unlock it, sit in the seat, put the seatbelt on, insert the key and then my phone rings, without thinking I pick it up whilst turning the ignition forgetting that the car is in gear and with the handbrake on ofcourse... :nope:

The result was ofcourse that very unpleasant slight lurch forward and noise from the engine trying to start and immediately turning off.

Now I've been driving for 10 years or so and this has happened to me only once before, on an old Golf II that my grandfather used to drive (I was a new driver then).

My question is, obviously this is not very good for a car, but could I have damaged something? Or am I just being paranoid since this is a new car?;/

u know where ure battering it at 7500 rpm those 4 little cylinders are getting pounded the hell out of a slight lurch and a stall meens nothing lol . . . . cars stall so the components dont get damaged?

Lol pretty good effort to be fair :tongueout:

When mine was new i was religiously running it in til 600 miles but literally at 560 miles a type R encouraged me into a race and before you know it i was bouncing off the limiter in every gear. I felt so guilty after i wanted to strip and rebuild the engine for peace of mind lol....

Oh and i lost to the the type R btw :worried:

I wouldn't worry mate. Did this myself the otherday in my 197, although mine just came up on the display 'put in neutral' with no lurch.

Lol pretty good effort to be fair :tongueout:

When mine was new i was religiously running it in til 600 miles but literally at 560 miles a type R encouraged me into a race and before you know it i was bouncing off the limiter in every gear. I felt so guilty after i wanted to strip and rebuild the engine for peace of mind lol....

Oh and i lost to the the type R btw :worried:

u lost to a type R . . . . .. :blush:hmy: we should be eating these for breakfast

u lost to a type R . . . . .. :blush:hmy: we should be eating these for breakfast

Which Type R do you reckon? My mate has just swapped his Fiesta ST for one of the latest shape ones. On paper it is quicker 0-60, but he doesn't think it would beat mine in a race. I suppose we'll have to wait and see, but when he took me out in it it didn't feel quicker than mine.

new and old i normally spank them both up to 120 and then come off the gas lol let them think thats all i have.

yeah probs not the best idea to be redlining a brand new engine ben lol. I had a 6 month wear in period of not going over 4k revs and tbh i think it worked wonders