Stupid worn tyre question

I've been thinking about this for a while now but wasn't feeling brave enough to post it..

I have 4 worn AD08's on my track wheels, they're all below the legal limit and all that. The more they get used, will they gain MORE grip in the dry because they lose the tread and become more like slicks?!!

I.e can you get to a point when they're so worn they're practically slicks?! ;/

I know what you mean but I think at that point the tyre would be dangerously close to the kanvas or beading

A normal road tyre compound would make the tyre have worse grip at those sort of levels, once they go past a certain point that's them done.

But tyres like the AD08, federal RSR etc; they're brilliant at lower levels because of their compound, they get stickier with heat, whereas a road tyre gets warm and just goes off.

You'll see people's track tyres almost bald, but they'll get to a point where they're unusable too, you wouldn't be able to use them if they're that worn to be classed as a slick, chances are the canvas would be almost showing.

I'd use a track tyre up until your on the last 1-1.5mm IMO.

I found that they'd had enough long before the tread got low, too many heat cycles and they stopped working all that well.