Still have braking fault - next Clio 200 BBQ !

I still have the same braking fault message and tonne of light up on dash had it for 4 months and spent a fortune chasing bloody parts that haven't fixed the problem ... Here's a list ...
brake pads , discs , bled front to back all bleed nipples,

abs sensors all sending correct wheel,speeds when on live diagnostics

abs ecu full accessible so presumably fine

master cylinder seal checks done , servo operating correctly

the only fault code is a brake circuit fault , main stealers want to replace all wiring for braking circuit ! Clearly that overkill

any advice input etc would be greatly appreciated!!!

Surely if they change the loom its under warranty?

If you've done everything possible mechanically then its got to be something electrical. They've got to start with the cheapest component (which I doubt is the whole loom) and replace things without charging you until they fix it.

The double tone that precedes the lights on start up happens again if you pull the abs fuse but doesn't if the fluid sensor plug is pulled .

check the connection on the master cylinder reservour - then make sure it has continuity when the fluid level is low...

just a hunch it might be at fault given that most of the other items have been checked out

PA110022.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks fox speed continuitywhen the fluid is low ? I don't suppose you could give me a step by step ?

as ever your the first with the advice thank you !

Thanks fox speed continuitywhen the fluid is low ? I don't suppose you could give me a step by step ?

as ever your the first with the advice thank you !

no sorry!

its just something to check and cross off the list as there has been quite a few post on here about "braking fault" on the dash and its been low brake fluid...

just check the wiring and then if you can remove some fluid to see if the low sensor is working - it should in effect make a circuit when the fluid gets low to put on the dash warning - might do the same if you bridge the wires across the plug - if you can use a multi-meter to test for a open/closed circuit