Steering Wheel Warranty help

Some of you have had the steering wheel replaced under warranty (melting) and I am trying to get Renault to sort mine out but they claim not to know about it. Does anyone (who has had it done) have any warranty reference number that I can draw their attention too and use as a example/precedent for them to get on with mine?

They are trying to suggest that I have a ring on my finger and that along with my grip is causing the issue.

ive had mine done, print the warranty thread off "What have you had done on warranty" and throw in down on the desk.....that will work

^ same here see if that works, i had mine done no issues, it really bothers me how the warranty work differs from one renault garage to the next there is no consistency

ive had mine done, print the warranty thread off "What have you had done on warranty" and throw in down on the desk.....that will work

^ same here see if that works, i had mine done no issues, it really bothers me how the warranty work differs from one renault garage to the next there is no consistency

You would think so but I have sat in their showroom logged onto this site and renaultsport and they are having none of it. Even Renault UK are saying they have not heard of it. Getting pretty pissed with it all now. They are treating it as a serious complaint as the way I was treated by the dealer was shocking. They have asked me to send them video evidence (which I have) of the mechanics diagnosing incorrectly the fault with the steering wheel and their claims that the car was still being worked on at 4 o'clock when really it was on the forecourt at 11:15.

it took me ages to get mine changed mate
i had to agree to let them send it back to
renault for them to check and if they found
it was misuse i would have to pay.it came back as
poor quality s/wheel.:zomg:

it all depends on the dealer because renault work on a traffic light system, if one dealership does far more warrenty claims than another they will be put on to a red light meaning that all their warrenty work is investigated so you might find they will be picky in what work they carry out, keep at them they will do it,