Warranty on 200 recaros & steering wheel

M111

Platinum Member
Was just wondering if anyone else has had any joy with renault regarding warranty claims on the usual recaro bolster wear & peeling steering wheel.

i had the car into renault for a service today & asked them to condsider warranty claims on the above on the basis that the car was less than 3 years old, has only covered 17000 miles & that the wear was not acceptable for a vehicle of this age & mileage.
They said it was just normal wear & tear but would try Renault for a goodwill/part warranty claim but weren't hopefull. As you can imagine I wasn't pleased with this & said so Renault are quite happy that the seats & steering wheel should be failing within 3 years even though it's still under warranty. So will wait & see what Renaults response will be.

Some people have managed to get there full seat replaced for free but i was told the same thing,i had to ring renault uk and complain and still only got them to pay 70% of the cost and they only replaced the base

I approached Renault at 4 years with 23k on it, only to be told the previous owner must have had oily hands or used a moisturiser :blush:mg:.... couldn't be bothered to argue this one with them!

3 years old, complete base unit replaced on their behalf. All done through my local Renault dealer. I didn't play the worn fabric line but the fact that the foam had collapsed under the fabric. May help. Helps to build relationships with your dealer although I fully support that this shouldn't be the case.

If it was on a Megane Renault have a recall in place for the wheel !

Vehicles produced between the beginning of March 2009 and the beginning of
May 2012. Vehicles involved : Mégane II and III, Scenic II and III, Mégane
Generation, Laguna III, Espace IV, Trafic II, Kangoo II,

The vehicle fabrication cut-offs are given as examples only.
IMPORTANT, before any operation following a customer complaint:
Confirm the customer complaint(s):
– Premature wear of the steering wheel leather surface.
Check the application conditions:
– Consult the applicability flow chart,
– Vehicle outside contractual warranty,
– Vehicle less than 5 years old,
– Vehicle mileage less than 93,000 miles (150,000 km),
– Vehicle affected by OTS 0BGE.