Steering wheel adjustment

Hello guys,

My steering wheel won't stay in one place. :001_rolleyes:

The handle that adjusts it has no feel to it at all, it's just loose so I'm guessing the lever inside somewhere has either broken or detached. Has anyone else had this problem, or does anybody know if this would be cover under Renault warranty?

Cheers!
Idrees

If the car is still in warranty then it should be covered.New one on me this??

I'm hoping it's covered under warranty too, it's booked in at the dealers tomorrow to be checked over. It should be as it just sort of 'broke it self' - as I was steering it just came loose and since then has got loose to the point where it doesn't work at all (the adjuster that is).

the handle is connected to the locking mechanism by a small bolt, prob. find that has come loose and then allowed the handle to come out of it's seat if handle does;t wobble around then it'll be the mechanism.

I had to tighten mine up as noticed it was loose when changing steering wheels over

forgot to say you can over tighten it as well stopping it from moving at all

I wish I had checked back here sooner. Renault charged me £45 to tighten it up, I'm sure I'd have easily done that myself if I had read this first! Ah well, least she's fixed now and drives like a gem.