Steering play.... :(

My car has developed a lose feeling, driving straight I can wiggle the steering wheel left and right 2inches without my course being affected, but when u turn more, steering feel comes back, handling seems unimpaired still sharp when u push it hard, but unnerving when cruising and shifting between lanes as it feels like I'm drifting across the road. Not sharp and tight like before. Any ideas???

Sounds like track rod ends to me. They're about £25 each and it's a part that's shared with normal Meganes.

It can be very difficult to remove the bushing from the old rod end if you're doing it by yourself.

You can test if it's that by engaging the steering lock then jacking the front end up and pushing and pulling on the wheel at 3 and 9 o'clock. If there's play it's most likely track rods or maybe inner rod ends.

Last edited:
Ok, I'll check the pressures today, got a 30mile drive in the morning so should check that anyway.

I'll pop by my mechanics in the week and get it in the air for a look, thanks deadmau5.

News just in, track rods are shot!! My mechanic getting a price sorted out tomorrow thank goodness, the cars been scaring the crap out of me the last few days, skipping about all over the place!!