Standard head unit lacks balls?

I know mine is just the standard fit head unit, but this is an alleged top-of-the-range car, and it's ability to make noise is laughable.

My wife's Scenic Dynamique, needs 12 or so on the standard head unit volume setting to get some decent audio going, yet in my 200, I need 25+ to get the same level. If I want to really hear something, I can take it as far as 32 then that's it?!?!

I'm confused. I'm not interested in changing it, just want to know if the standard head unit really is pants?

it is pants but......they dont have rear speakers!!!

does make a difference :001_rolleyes:

Turn on the "loud" setting and mess around with the equualizer. I use no more than 20-22 on a standard heaad unit and its pretty loud when playing a cd.

it is pants but......they dont have rear speakers!!!

does make a difference :001_rolleyes:

200s should have rear speakers.
Standard HU is a pos though, as well are the speakers.

I replaced both and the sound is great. True though that it should be better from the factory, it's not really the marketing point of the car though :wink:

I changed my HU and the speakers aren't that bad at all tbh, I think the standard HU is a crock of sh....

Thanks for the responses.

I definitely have rear speakers, and the sound quality (to me) is decent enough...it is just lacking some oomph.

I'll search and see what head units work with the steering wheel controls...maybe a change is on the cards after all.

Change the headuni and the stereo sounds so much better, standard speakers aren't too bad.

I found the standard headunit was well up to the job but then again I don't exactly blast the driving tunes out. Just a bit of radio 1 when I get stuck in traffic lol.

Found out/realised last night that the standard headunit doesn't lack balls after all, its owner is a but of a retard.

Was using an iPod shuffle that my daughter had used until she upgraded recently...and forgot I'd limited the maximum volume to something like 40%. Restored it to 100% last night and now I can hear music properly.

Oops!

i would say check that its got rear speakers and tweeter installed, as its mixed and matched whether it came with them, and then check settings, ie speed volume etc. mine is the cabasse, but upgraded the speakers and fitted an underseat sub the difference is like night and day, sounds alot better.