Standard 197 Head Unit

I've recently bought an RS Clio 197 and the previous owner fitted a horrible Parrot Asteroid head unit which I 'd like to replace with an original unit and wondered which as standard the 197 came with and where I might find one?

I'm sure people will think it odd that I want to return to original (I like originality) and maybe someone who's upgrading may wish to donate/swap accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

Standard units are available on eBay. There were two headunits, one was the upgraded 6cd cabasse unit and the other a standard unit. I believe someone with the standard unit should be able to help you find what you're looking for as I had the upgraded unit in my car

Have a look under your drivers seat, if there is a black box you'll likely have the upgraded system. If not just the normal one.

I've recently bought an RS Clio 197 and the previous owner fitted a horrible Parrot Asteroid head unit which I 'd like to replace with an original unit and wondered which as standard the 197 came with and where I might find one?

I'm sure people will think it odd that I want to return to original (I like originality) and maybe someone who's upgrading may wish to donate/swap accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

Hi [MENTION=54430]blackice[/MENTION] I've got one coming out of my track 197 which you can have for a smal exchange of pennies... I'll take a photo today and post it up here?

I upgraded mine to the 6cd cabasse unit from eBay £60 but remember it's two boxes and a small loom, the AMP/Radio sits under the drivers seat with a mount/enclosure that rivets to the small plates on the seat runners and the head unit is basically a control panel with the disc changer mechanism inside. But I was able to get the Cabasse speakers and tweeters from a Renault vel satis in a scrap yard along with the Cabasse badges on the speaker grills. Check your car you may find you only have front speakers fitted as I did there was nothing behind the rear speaker grills when I got it. You need the extension loom in order to get the dashboard wires down to under the seat to power and speaker connections. I'm no sound pro but the radio improved the should I'd say less tinny sound and the speakers and tweeters gave a bit more base and clarity. I use a parrot mki 9100 which gives me music and sat nav audio at the same time but if you need an Aux then if you Google it you can make up a lead or buy one for about £25 which gives you a headphone jack music input the connector for the 6 disc system is a flat 4 pin plug you have to push into the main connector under the seat.