Upgrade to better standard Head Unit

Hey guys,

My 197 has a bog standard CD player which I'd like to upgrade. I don't want to get an after market headunit as I don't like the look so I'm looking at upgrading to a better standard Renault system. I know some 197s have an MP3 compatible CD player like the one in the pic (not from a clio obviously).

My (possibly daft) question is does this CD/MP3 headunit play MP3s directly from a CD with MP3s on it? Or is it just a connector at the back to an external MP3 player?

Cheers!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 35a6fpd.jpg
    35a6fpd.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
There is also an AUX port where you can connect a lead so you can play music from an Ipod/MP3 player. There is a guide for this in the How To section of the forum, which is accessible if you become a paid member :smile:

but your sound will still be crap- have the same problem, im slowly changing my mind to change the HU as i also wanted to stay OEM.

I've got the unit you've pictured - sound is ok, but I fitted an aftermarket unit and it made the speakers clip constantly. I've just bought a 200 with a different unit again and it sounds so much better. I'll grab an image tonight. Should all be plug and play with each other.

You can get OEM looking aftermarket headunits, Becker make some. They make units with USB, bluetooth, etc