Springs Or Coils?

How do,

Just been looking through a few threads such as the definitive thread and couldn't really find an answer, wondering what you guys will suggest.

I am in the position as I'm sure most people are when looking at lowering, of choosing springs or coils. I don't want massive 'lows' as such and I don't want to compromise the 200 handling at all. I never track the car and have had springs before on cars which I was happy with for road use but would like some peoples views from both sides as to what they would recommend.

I use the car for about 5-6k a year (at an absolute maximum) as I am an offshore worker so ride harshness isn't really an issue. The problem I have is that if I opt for the H&R springs I believe its a 30/40 drop (I have early 200 top mounts) will it be a big enough drop to eliminate a fair chunk of arch gap? Or for that am I going to have to go for coils?

Cheers

Not being picky, but I asume you mean coilovers rather than just coils?

Theres a fair few lowering threads with pictures in, it might be worthwhile trawling through them to get an idea of how it would look. Personally I think the 30/40 would be enough of a drop in terms of arch gap, but I suppose it's personal preference?

Not being picky, but I asume you mean coilovers rather than just coils?

Theres a fair few lowering threads with pictures in, it might be worthwhile trawling through them to get an idea of how it would look. Personally I think the 30/40 would be enough of a drop in terms of arch gap, but I suppose it's personal preference?

Yes, Coilovers.

I have had a look through the threads but people aren't saying what they are like to live with day to day in comparison. Just comparing height usually.

I've been in angels 200 and he's got lowering springs on his and its a lot more harsh than mine on coil overs.

Cheers guys, mine would be on the cup dampers too so may opt for that! How did you get your tow strap to hang down mate? I bought a tow eye adaptor from someone on here but its too small and rattles around, did you just trim the bottom of the cover?

Just remember when you lower it you will notice that your wheels look a tad lost in the arches imo. Maybe invest in some spacers too

A

Cheers guys, mine would be on the cup dampers too so may opt for that! How did you get your tow strap to hang down mate? I bought a tow eye adaptor from someone on here but its too small and rattles around, did you just trim the bottom of the cover?

I got it off a member on here, think it was from the group buy marshal did.

Spacers are on my list as Ashton said they tend to look a bit lost!

IMO if you have Cup dampers that are stiffer and shorter the H&R's are crashy and awful but it looks perfect. I just put stock springs back on and it's ugly but lovely to drive again.

I got it off a member on here, think it was from the group buy marshal did.

Spacers are on my list as Ashton said they tend to look a bit lost!

Fair enough think this one was from the group buy too. It screws in but rattles around, nightmare. Maybe just zip-tie the strap in place somehow for the look :foxspeed:hahahaha

think ive got apex springs on mine (on the car when i bought it) think the ride height looks just right, think there 30mm all round

i should be at the next nw meet, you can have a gander then :biggrin:

think ive got apex springs on mine (on the car when i bought it) think the ride height looks just right, think there 30mm all round

i should be at the next nw meet, you can have a gander then :biggrin:

Cheers mate did you get spacers too? we are planning a shoot some time in November for anyone who is interested, get your name down on the thread in the NW bit :smile:

I've been in angels 200 and he's got lowering springs on his and its a lot more harsh than mine on coil overs.

this is so true, I have Apex springs, crash to the max but great on track. I've been in Mike LY with the KW and is so nice, flat in the corners but comfy as

If you can afford coilovers you won't regret it and you def wont say "think I want lowering springs" after a few months. Same can't be said for springs. :wink:

I can't wait to get my special coilovers on the car, it'll be so much better