Speedline Turini

Hi, I'm trying to learn about Alloy wheels and fitments. I'm not quite certain of this whole 8j (< What does that even mean!) or 18x8 so I was wondering if you could give me an example using the following page:

https://www.performancealloys.com/wheel-details.aspx?ID=1404

What would these be like on a Clio 200? Would it affect handling? Are they smaller or larger than the Raider alloys that came with my car? Would they be lighter? Could I put 225's suitably on these?

the "j" stands for the width of the wheel if im correct..you should be able to fit 7-8j wheels on your clio..may be wrong but mine are 7.5 or 8j..would go outside and check but its p****g down..:rain:

Yes the j is the width of the wheel, for example standard they are 7.5j and the ozs that people run are 8j... Not as simple as them fitting though as you have to look at the offset of the wheel also which is how far it sits out...

7.5j is 7.5inch wide. 8j 8 inch wide and so on... ET is the offset (standard clio wheel around roughly et 60 say) Offset of 60mm. The lower the number the further the wheel will stick out. For example my team dynamics were et37. They stuck out around 2/2.5cm wider than the original wheels. So if you're going for an 8 inch wheel you want a slightly higher ET/Offset. If you're going for a 7.5j you want it somewhere around 37/45 offset for a nice wide stance :smile: My current wheels are 8j et55 but don't sit quite as wide as my 7.5/et37 did.

So when looking for new wheels stick with 8j et50/et55 or 7.5j et37/45 to fill up the arches nicely without having to run spacers.

Good description of everything here:

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...of-tried-and-tested-wheel-tyre-combos.157971/

And an image to help:

attachment.php

A lot of people think you can just bolt on wider wheels and wider tyres and everything will be good. Not necessarily so. Designers spent a lot of time getting these very complex parts balanced and performing how they want them to. This all needs to be correct to get the best out of the car. Plus given the design of our cars, we really are limited to only a very few options. There's a reason most people go with Ultra's!

Attachments

• Wheel-offset-explained.jpg
    Wheel-offset-explained.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 161
Would the link I mentioned be a good fit? Thanks for the picture by the way.

I don't want something that looks good, but rather performs well too. I've not decided what I want nor If I'll get any, but it would be nice to know what people are talking about :smile:

[MENTION=51445]Kazumz[/MENTION] i went on track multiple times with the team dynamics and it performed great! You would be more than happy with my old setup.

going from standard to oz's has improved my handling for sure..good setup..also the wheels are lighter too compare to standard ones..