SPAX RSX Coilovers

Ive not heard much about them tbh. There was a set on eBay a couple of days ago with a starting bid of £200 for the 197.

Did you win them?

Aaaah yes ive just seen they are still on there.

All i know is i had a Spax kit on my VTS when i had it and it wasnt a bad kit for the money tbh. But like i said i havent heard much about them for 197.

I ran Spax RSX coilovers on my Alpina B3S. They were OK, but the adjustable dampening was soft-ish > rock-hard in about 4 clicks, then 20-odd clicks of 'too harsh to use on the road'.

They adjusted fine and didn't show any signs of rust though - but I am an obsessive cleaner!

Never used them on a Clio, so it's going to be a bit of a gamble on whether the valving in the shocks are any good as like with the Clio, I couldn't find any reviews online of them..

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

Rich

Last edited:
I've only ever heard excellent things about Spax from dealers and my many ford friends who seem to rate these kits so much...

I had a spax kit on my old fiesta and whilst the handling was good on a smooth road it was far too harsh on anything else. Wouldn't buy them again.

I had a spax kit on my old fiesta and whilst the handling was good on a smooth road it was far too harsh on anything else. Wouldn't buy them again.

Thats pretty much what i felt on the VTS i had. On a smooth road they were good no doubt. But country roads were a no go.

my clio 3 1.6 was the 1st 1 with them on and i cudnt nock them and my friend bought them for his 197, i like the way they adjusted and drove so im geting a set for my 197
hope this has helped

matt

I fitted a set of them to our 182, It handles really well, improves the way the ca brakes and accelerates.

Downside side is they are a tad hard, when I say tad I mean REALLY lol

I fitted a set of them to our 182, It handles really well, improves the way the ca brakes and accelerates.

Downside side is they are a tad hard, when I say tad I mean REALLY lol

the mk2 kits have been completely reworked now, on my request, and I've had 182 cup fitment sorted, along with rear "true" coilovers

Massive damping range and far from hard. Infact more comfortable than standard is the feedback I've had.

I'll be working with spax to expand and improve the mk3 range of kits also

the mk2 kits have been completely reworked now, on my request, and I've had 182 cup fitment sorted, along with rear "true" coilovers

Massive damping range and far from hard. Infact more comfortable than standard is the feedback I've had.

I'll be working with spax to expand and improve the mk3 range of kits also

Interesting. As I said they are pretty good, I really get on with how they altered the handling characterisics, the hardness doesnt bother me, just just of the passengers I take out lol

Thats better that they do the cup fitment now too, ours is a cup, but with a little mod they soon went one :smile: