spacesaver for 197

yep no difference between 197 and 200 for this

Cool, cheers, I'll look at getting something ordered from Renault.

Has anyone any thoughts on the Jack part number? Not much use me having a spare if I can't lift the car! :smile:

Any suggestions for where to get them from, or is it best just to head to Renault retail? Is there much in the price of spares?

NO! it so reminds me of a 2cv;/;/

It's an amusing look, especially the red on red! :smile:

Also, I know the reasons why the jack isn't supplied with the cup chassis equipped Clio, but does anyone know the part code for the standard jack also?

For reference, and for anyone else interested in this, I've now got the wheel and jack, the correct jack to fit the gap in the boot on the 200 with a cup chassis is 8200386374.

... now just need a tyre!

175/55R17 is actually the best one to get, same as a front tyre on an Elise - and pretty much the same rolling circumference as a 215/45R17. The size in this thread is actually a touch too big.

LOL at this "spacesaver". Is it not the same size as a normal wheel? I just have a whole spare alloy in the boot.

I know people will go "Oh no, think of the weight". Like it will make any difference for me, a high flying track race driver, where every single KG makes a difference :wink::wink::wink:

I have a full size too, with a part worn, takes up about an inch more depth, but so what. Plus the tyres for the space savers seemed v. expensive.

175/55R17 is actually the best one to get, same as a front tyre on an Elise - and pretty much the same rolling circumference as a 215/45R17. The size in this thread is actually a touch too big.

the tyre size was as recommended by renault - so thats what i stuck to

LOL at this "spacesaver". Is it not the same size as a normal wheel? I just have a whole spare alloy in the boot.

I know people will go "Oh no, think of the weight". Like it will make any difference for me, a high flying track race driver, where every single KG makes a difference :wink::wink::wink:

if you have directional tyres your........"up the creek without a paddle" :tongueout:

Given that the 185/60r17 is £20.40 on www.blackcircles.com and the best price I could get for a 175/55r17 was over £100, not surprisingly I went for the 185 as a temp tyre.

if you have directional tyres your........"up the creek without a paddle" :tongueout:

No worse, and arguably much better than having a different width and different diameter tyre on one wheel...

Given that the 185/60r17 is £20.40 on www.blackcircles.com and the best price I could get for a 175/55r17 was over £100, not surprisingly I went for the 185 as a temp tyre.

Fair enough, can't blame you for that, but if I am going to have a spare I want it to have the same rolling circumference as the other three wheels - hence I flogged my space saver and just use a full size.

Fair enough, can't blame you for that, but if I am going to have a spare I want it to have the same rolling circumference as the other three wheels - hence I flogged my space saver and just use a full size.

Well, sadly, too good to be true, they phoned me today to let me know they they can no longer supply the 185/60r17. Bugger. :worried:

I need another alternative available tyre size, otherwise I think I'm just going to get another wheel and tyre and sling it in the boot!

Bit disappointed though. :worried:

Gutted for you. If you want I have a (slightly egg shaped) full size in great cosmetic condition, which I can supply with a legal tyre, if that is any good to you?

Gutted for you. If you want I have a (slightly egg shaped) full size in great cosmetic condition, which I can supply with a legal tyre, if that is any good to you?

Cheers for the offer, but National sorted me out with the Continental for the rim.

its very tightly wedged in between the rear plastic boot trim and the square box section
behind the seats

I'd love to know how you got it in there! Mine sits on top of the box section rather than flat on the floor and it's still pretty snug. Same tyre too!

What PSI have you got it in to fit it in there?

Cheers for the offer, but National sorted me out with the Continental for the rim.

I'd love to know how you got it in there! Mine sits on top of the box section rather than flat on the floor and it's still pretty snug. Same tyre too!

What PSI have you got it in to fit it in there?

mid to high 30 i think :thumbup1:

How much isit for a full size replacement alloy wheel for the 197 from renault?

Also wouldn't it be possible to get the alloy from renault/second hand & then put a non-directional tyre on it?

IME flats are inevitable so it would be good to have the spare...

Probably around £150 for a new wheel, plus £100 for a tyre. The OE Continentals are assimetric so no issue with fitting either side.

Recently purchased our 197 and decided there was a need for a spare wheel. Latest cost for O/E 7.5J x 17 alloy from Renault £230. Tyre 215/45 Continental to fit £120. Space saver 8200239860 from Renault £79. Tyre to fit 185/60 R17 Continental VancoContact £105. (no other realistic choice). Decided on space saver but found tight fit into boot space. Needed to polish plastic side wall to make it slightly easier - but still a tight fit!

is the spacesaver lighter than an alloy?

whats the best tyre to get for it? i've read a bit of conflicting information in this thread, im placing a big order with Renault soon & might aswell get my spare wheel sorted at the same time, try & get a good deal on it all....

otherwise full size wheel from breakers...

cheers

Last edited: