Spacers question

Will you get any rubbing if you use 20mm spacers (all round) with KW V1 lowered 30mm (front) and 35mm (back)? Assume standard 197 alloy wheels and tyre sizes.

Many thanks.

Will you get any rubbing if you use 20mm spacers (all round) with KW V1 lowered 30mm (front) and 35mm (back)? Assume standard 197 alloy wheels and tyre sizes.

Many thanks.

hi george.. i don't know how many mm i'm lowered..

i know this:

front is 31.5cm and rear 32.5 and with kw v1 in compression any time i rub the front arch.. not the bodywork 8)

2dmcyv.png

hi george.. i don't know how many mm i'm lowered..

i know this:

front is 31.5cm and rear 32.5 and with kw v1 in compression any time i rub the front arch.. not the bodywork 8)

2dmcyv.png

...lol....looks like you hammered your R27 out of an empty oil barrel!

...i also have a question about spacers....is there any point in adding a little width to the track without lowering the suspension....I often look at may car and feel that the arches aren't quite 'full' of wheel?

...i also have a question about spacers....is there any point in adding a little width to the track without lowering the suspension....I often look at may car and feel that the arches aren't quite 'full' of wheel?

ask adrian, he has spacers on standard cup suspension.

At first it feels a little weird after driving with the normal track, but you soon get used to it. Certainly doesnt make the handling any worse. And it also looks better. DO IT!!

and which brand mate?

thx again

with standard wheels i had 16mm spacer.. eibach...
now i've ultraleggera 17j8 et55.. =+19mm i poste you a photo so you can see the difference..
and i show you also my friend with speedline turini..17j7..=+11mm

without..
1z6v6zp.jpg

with..+16mm
ipblm9.jpg

ultraleggera..+19mm
2qch3ih.jpg

turini..+11mm
350m808.jpg

I know people have had previous experience with these with no problems, however i think its worth mentioning here, i was strongly advised by my tuning company to avoid going over 15mm due to wheel alignment and excessive wear on suspension and wheel bearing parts.

I know people have had previous experience with these with no problems, however i think its worth mentioning here, i was strongly advised by my tuning company to avoid going over 15mm due to wheel alignment and excessive wear on suspension and wheel bearing parts.
:thumbup1:

so i've just sold mine spacer last in last spring :smile:

I've used spacers on the 197 for over 2 years with no problems caused by fitting them.

Im lowered 40mm rear and 30 up front and on 25mm HR spacers all round with no probs whatsover and car looks sweet!! how its ment to look!