Smell

I get a strange smell come through the vents (slight burning- although not best explanation) when I'm pressing on at speeds, till the gearshift beep. As soon as I stop hammering it smells goes instantly.

normal or?

I think I sometimes get this when I haven't given it some wide open throttle for a while. If I've been driving fairly sedately for a few days, then I hoof it, get a quick waft of burning smell but it goes almost instantly and doesn't continue, even if I keep hooning it. Presumably it's just burning off any soot (or whatever it is that's built up)?

Don't think I even take mine that high on the daily commute, usually shift up by about 3 :smile: took me a while to get used to that, my old little 1.6 Focus used to upshift at about 2.2 haha

think its normal..mine does it too when pushed a little..unless there is a continuous smell i wouldnt worry about it too much..

Haha that was my previous car aswell mk1 1.6 - cheap and reliable workhorse

Ah I was rocking a MK2 haha. Bought it for a good price, sold it for an OK price, and all it cost me in 3.5 years was some tyres and a coil pack :smile: excellent car to be fair, it just lacked any element of fun!

I also get this when pushing on after driving the car steadily for a while (daily driver). Doesn't seem to cause any performance issue for me, so I don't worry about it.