Panel Filter + Hot Smell

Hi All

Hopefully an easy / obvious answer to this that I'm missing.

I've recently replaced the standard panel filter with a Piper Cross. Its been in for a couple of weeks however I've started to notice under hard revs / acceleration that there is a slight hot / burning smell in the cabin. It only lasts a few seconds then dissipates.

Any ideas what it could be? I don't think its the clutch as I would have noticed this long ago and there's nothing odd in engine bay (stray connections etc). One thing I did notice when I checked this morning if the panel filter was in correct was a few stray bits of crap at the bottom of the filter tray. Im wondering if its not sealed correctley and drawing in rubbish? If so swap back to the original?

Cheers

Could be the oil from the filter being drawn into the inlet and being burnt off.

I get the same thing occasionally in mine after getting up in the revs. Never attributed it to the panel filter although mine is also a PiperCross....

Cheers Sean197 - good shout! Maybe ill give it a bit longer and see if anything changes.

CallorFold - How long have you have the panel filter in? Does it calm down?

CallorFold - How long have you have the panel filter in? Does it calm down?

Quite a long time now, maybe just over a year / 10K + miles

It rarely happens and only happens once (as in doesn't smell of hot/burning every time I boot the revs up), I always assumed it was just because the car hadn't been given a good boot in a while and it was clearing the pipes. Most the time I drive fairly sensibly :clap:

Also to add my pollen filter was changed about 8 months ago, made no difference to this issue though in my case