Smaller Battery

Im after fitting a Varley Red Top 15.

Dunno weather to put it under passenger seat or leave it in original situ.

My cars arse end is stripped out so wanna keep it looking that way ya see.

any pics any1?

Can you leave e.g. your HU on for 1h without any fear? I'm thinking about buying the same battery and placing it in the same place but I'm affraid of leaving the HU on.

I was under the impression that the Odyssey batteries were superior to the Varleys?

Thats what i had fitted on my old Evo 9 :-

DSC_0015.JPG

Can you leave e.g. your HU on for 1h without any fear? I'm thinking about buying the same battery and placing it in the same place but I'm affraid of leaving the HU on.

For me that is a worry so I don't do it. I've had it fitted for over six months now and the car has always started as quickly as it did with the standard battery, even with this horrible weather we have over here just now.

I was under the impression that the Odyssey batteries were superior to the Varleys?

I'm not sure but the Varley was cheeper and from the specs of when I was buying mine there wasn't much difference in performance. It's ideal for what I need from it.

I heard of Odyssey too, many friends have them in their evos...

I'm think of swapping it in too but wonder how would that fit in the original location. Richw is there a fitment like the one in the picture for the Odyssey for the Clio? :smiley:

It's an extra, I cant remember what I paid for it but I wanted it as some extra protection with still having my back seats.

Theres cheaper universal holders.

It's an extra, I cant remember what I paid for it but I wanted it as some extra protection with still having my back seats.

Theres cheaper universal holders.

Nevermind, tnx 4 the info.

From tomorrow, I'll be testing a new generation of batteries - a friend of mine will be producing it :smiley::

IMAG0090.jpg

This is a prototype.

Mark, is there any chance you could give some details of what you used to relocate the battery. I.e with the terminals in the engine bay etc.

Cheers
Josh :smile:

WTF! Raptor have you stolen the flux capacitor?

:zap:

No, a friend of mine is currently working on a project: "Fastest electric car on the planet" and parallel with that project he is testing some of his new car batteries so I got a hold of one before it goes in Porsche GT3 RS. :smiley:

Just for the test.

Mark, is there any chance you could give some details of what you used to relocate the battery. I.e with the terminals in the engine bay etc.

Cheers
Josh :smile:

The standard fused live conection remains there with another live wire running through a grommet behind the glovebox, through the floor chanel and out under the passenger seat and it's earthed onto floor. You'll need a torque bar for the connections on the battery as they've to be tightened to 4nm, any higher will damage the terminals.