slugish in low revs

It's just the way the engines are mate, like Pete said after 5k it comes alive.

Though it's starting to annoy me now with the poor weather.

power in my 197 comes on and lumpy at 3k and an even bigger "kick" then 5k ( I hate using the word kick as its just the way the car is mapped but I'm tired and cant think of anything else to say!) dont forget it revs to 8,250 or something silly my only advise is when safe use it!

you can get it mapped out mate and it can make the power delivery "smoother" but because of the cam most power is mapped to come onboard at 5k :worried: it takes a while to get used to but it becomes fun! How do you find the Clio compared to the Type R? They are both very capable cars!

Nice one! just look out for the pads glazing that can be scary!!

Oh - must note the car has two or three maps so at different temps (not sure if its engine temps or intake temps or a combination of both) the engine will react different obviously when first started for the first 15 minutes or so its very sluggish until up to temp!

goes well right through the rev range :thumbup:

even up to the red line 7850rpm :cloud9:

:bat:

similar to my old typer r old happy in high revs but i hate takin it over 5k !

i was like that coming from a big V6, spent a few days driving round in second to get used to the screaming 4pot noise and all is well, If you make sure to stay above 5k its not a rocket but its certainly no slouch.

In the 182 it was like driving with the handbrake on untill 5k then it went like a rocket, in the 200 most of the power is at low revs, 2.5k to 4k it fly's then 4k to 6k its just steady then 6k+ it fly's again.