Slow puncture

Think I've got a slow puncture of my near side rear. Do you think it would effect the car much if I only replaced the one rear? (same make, tyres only done 8000 and lots of tread left).

Can't really afford two new tyres this far into the month (and I don't use credit cards atm), but will get them if it is inadvisable to run the car like that.

Any opinions? And what's the best Conti SC3 price (fully fitted) you've seen?

Thanks
Webby

Rear axle, only 8k miles, should be no problem running with a new tyre. Are you sure it can't be repaired? Slow punctures can often be down to the valve. Even if the damage is near the shoulder the tyre can still be vulcanised so long as you can find a repairer to do it.

Get it repaired mate. No need to replaced modern repair methods are very safe

As said above it is worth investigating the actual cause of the puncture. You could save your self a load of cash. Like Ralph said it could be just a valve in need of replacement or a slow puncture that could be plugged.

It's nail in the tread. Top of tyre and not in the grove so repairable. The guy is looking at it now.

Sounds good fella! Least that has saved you a good chunk if £££ all the more for next years roadtrip...

If only. After repairing it, air was still leaking out. A new shoe goes on today :-(

(the rears where only down by half a mil and I needed it sorted fast.)

Last edited:
Aaaah dude that's no good! Well atleast now you can be happy with the knowledge that you don't have one rubbish tyre always going down.......I know what it's like to have that issue had the same on one of my rears and just always felt like the car was rubbish knowing I had a little niggle!