Sierra V6 project Thread.

Bin the 12v and 24v it.

These always wept a bit from the transmission. My Dad had various new ones, Y plate ex-demo XR4i, C plate XR4x4, E plate XR4x4, then on to the Cossie's.

I bought a J plate 2.9 10 years ago, did it up and sold it, great cars!

The 24v cossie BOA lump was on the cards but it acts much like the clio in the fact that it has a high and narrow powerband, the 12v just has pure torque across the rev range, thats how a muscle car should be :wink:

Dont get me wrong these cars only produced 147bhp standard and that has to run through a 4wd system too, a 197 would blow its doors off. But give it enough room and it'll pull itself upto 140mph :smile:

Plans are for stage 3 heads, cams and and slightly overbored cylinders. matached with some new exhaust manifolds and a remap it should see me close to 200bhp, then a 75 shot of nitrous naturally :wink:

Great project, gonna keep my eye on this one! Would love a little project car, just dont have the room (dont have room for my van and car as it is lol)

The 24v cossie BOA lump was on the cards but it acts much like the clio in the fact that it has a high and narrow powerband, the 12v just has pure torque across the rev range, thats how a muscle car should be :wink:

Dont get me wrong these cars only produced 147bhp standard and that has to run through a 4wd system too, a 197 would blow its doors off. But give it enough room and it'll pull itself upto 140mph :smile:

Plans are for stage 3 heads, cams and and slightly overbored cylinders. matached with some new exhaust manifolds and a remap it should see me close to 200bhp, then a 75 shot of nitrous naturally :wink:

i would keep it "standard" but in top condition and up the nos :tongueout:roud:

A quick update, havent had any time to work on it lately due to taking a week long break in Paris and then busy with work related stuff, the sierras taken a backseat in my life.

I did however find the funds to get it some rather flash summer wheels:

DSC01808.jpg

DSC01811.jpg

Ford 17 Diamond Cut alloys, original and extremely rare. I snapped this cracking set up for £500. Result.

:wink: The centre caps alone will go for £120 on ebay. 3 of them are immaculate original condition too, and one being slightly kerbed.

awsome, well done in finding a buy like this, u could sell these correctly and make more than double