Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

LMFAO.

I’d say to do a decent prep (To get good visual end appearance, best adhesion of Ceramic and therefore longevity of product) is £400 minimum from my talking to 3 local guys.

More prep, base layers, wheels done etc adds to that of course.

Oh and yours; in lovely Albi would look AWESOME with Ceramic IMO.

Good luck !

I’ve been and checked what I “actually” paid and had a quote for it be done again and lets just say my initial guess was slightly out haha. Maybe that was how much I told the Mrs it was??? Either way, as mentioned above £400+ is the starting rate for a good job.

Reactions: sevenfourate
I’ve been and checked what I “actually” paid and had a quote for it be done again and lets just say my initial guess was slightly out haha. Maybe that was how much I told the Mrs it was??? Either way, as mentioned above £400+ is the starting rate for a good job.

Ha !

Yea: If the Ceramic itself was even £100 - another £100 for even 2 days labour didn’t sound ‘quite’ enough :tearsofjoy:

I told the wife mine was gonna be £150 when she asked. I’m just desperately hoping she don’t now want hers done :laughing:

Reactions: Big Ben
Talking of which.

3.5 days in (Detailer has seemingly now cleaned and treated underside, arches etc too :hushed: ) and paintwork is machined up and ready for a couple of coats of CarPro CQuartz 3.0 Ceramic coating over the next couple of days.

Wheels have already been off, polished and prepped and had a couple of coats of KKD Re-Volve Ceramic coating - which I gather is the ‘best’ / a better coating to use in areas / applications open to above average heat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiggy Rascal
I've been pondering going down the ceramic coating myself. I do like waxing TBH as it's therapeutic to me. I'm glad you dropped the decals as I'm sure I've said before just a wee bit too much. I really do like Racing Blue and can't wait to see the finished article and long term review on the coating.

I've been pondering going down the ceramic coating myself. I do like waxing TBH as it's therapeutic to me. I'm glad you dropped the decals as I'm sure I've said before just a wee bit too much. I really do like Racing Blue and can't wait to see the finished article and long term review on the coating.

I with you. I loved / still love and enjoy hugely - the tactile process of waxing etc. But what I also value the older I get: is my time.

So if I can shorten my over anal and longer than most cleaning regime - then all the better.

I ‘think’ it’s a road that once you trod on - you won’t go back.

Will be interesting initially and long-term for sure buddy !

Last edited:
Talking of which.

3.5 days in (Detailer has seemingly now cleaned and treated underside, arches etc too :hushed: ) and paintwork is machined up and ready for a couple of coats of CarPro CQuartz 3.0 Ceramic coating over the next couple of days.

Wheels have already been off, polished and prepped and had a couple of coats of KKD Re-Volve Ceramic coating - which I gather is the ‘best’ / a better coating to use in areas / applications open to above average heat.

That is bonkers!!!

Better than factory

I with you. I loved / still love and enjoy hugely - the tactile process of waxing etc. But what I also value the older I get: is my time.

So if I can shorten my over anal and longer than most cleaning regime - then all the better.

I ‘think’ it’s road that once you trod on - you won’t go back.

Will be interesting initially and long-term for sure buddy !
Time is everything mate 100% know where you are coming from. I turn 46 in May and I had one of they 'where did the the last 30 years go to' moment the other day. :openmouth::anguished::weary::worried:

Collected car from the Valeters this morning after going in primarily to be Ceramic coated this week: Multi-stage machine polish, 2 coats of KKD Re-volve on the wheels and 2 coats of CarPro Quartz 3.0 on paintwork, bumper / diffuser and mirrors.

Initial thoughts: Is it night and day better looking compared to when i dropped it off ? Er......No ! A noticeable difference in clarity and shine - and especially light reflection; sure...........but not "5 times better" IMO. However this was about time saved washing, waxing etc in the future and was never about ultimate shine per-se.

On dropping off (Early one morning and admittedly a dull light):

ZOByfJt.jpg

And today - in much brighter light to be fair:

KOxXuyj.jpg

I'll get better pics in the sun sometime, when i've not got food poisoning :frowning:

Sure looks nice.

Never going to be much better than you had it. Not possible!

Long term interested in your findings on the coating. Sure it’ll be positive

Now you can throw all your wax pots in trash bin :smiley:
Great result. I hope you enjoy the easy of washing..

Ha ! Thanks. The other cars in the family will not be getting Ceramic coated though ! With the kids now all driving; we've got 6 vehicles in the house these days..... :astonished:

Tell me about maintenance of the finish Antti ? I asked on Detailing-World forum (Being new to all this !) and it was suggested by many; that i should use CarPro Reset shampoo - which is specifically for ceramic finishes - with no wax in etc;

https://carpro.uk.com/products/reset500

And then use CarPro Elixir as a QD [With a further sacrificial Ceramic content]........

https://carpro.uk.com/collections/spray-sealants-coatings/products/elixir500

****Do you do anything that's different in your snow-foam, wash, rinse or dry schedule ??

sApDkRv.jpg

A morning spent with the radio on, garage door open and some tinkering with the Clio.

Removed, cleaned and re-fitted a PCV Valve that was barely 'gunky' :

MLeQShg.jpg

Cleaned an air-filter; and hoovered out an airbox that was mildly dusty :

AtamGpM.jpg

Took out the top half of the home-made airbox inlet that replaces the Acoustic valve side - and polished up the alloy bits with Autosol and then T-Cut :

6rGbvqg.jpg

TypVKe8.jpg

Then re-assembled the lot, and wiped away a few cobwebs under the hood :

PyLVdGW.jpg

Just tyre pressures to check on the day and i'll be ready for MOT'ing and Taxing; and then back on the road for the start of May i reckon...:smile:

After not using the Clio over winter; hopping in a few weeks ago had me realise how high the Recaro drivers seat is. Even compared to my semi-sporty daily's stock pews. I am 6'3 too which of course doesn't help....

Two of the options for a lowering frame (Rentune or Flacsi) meant the original side plastics wouldn't go back on without chopping some off the bottom of the plastics. Which i certainly didn't fancy. [Can't speak of the Jon Fossard frames]. None allow adjustable height via the original adjusting arm, however Josh's does have the ability to adjust via 3 sets of holes to minus 30mm,40mm or 50mm from standard.

Josh Wheelers kit looked good with its stainless fixings, powder-coated finish etc and was good value - but after speaking to @Doogle it once again meant the plastics wouldn't go back on - although i know two people who'd fitted this kit and spoke highly of the quality / service. At this point i pretty much stalled on buying while the anal me considered the options.

Boom ! Cruising ebay today and i re-came across Josh's advert which now includes an Aluminium cover plate for the side - the same as the passenger side - and looks much more professional. One message later to Josh....and it will be here Wednesday:

Josh Wheelers Recaro seat frame lowering advert: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-...seat-Lowering-Brackets-Mount-Kit/223371505344

xqcF5rW.jpg

tyywmne.jpg

Afraid i can't match the bolster holes a-la Josh's ebay advert - but i'm sure the kit will look just fine in mine :tearsofjoy:

**Now wondering if i'll now need a 'boss kit' or other; to either extend / lower the steering column angle. We'll see......

I lucked out when I bought Megane recaros Shuv they fortunately sit quite a bit lower than Clio ones.

Anyways I didn’t find that I needed to do anything to the steering wheel as the standard adjustments were adequate. We are of course of different builds and height:grinning:

I lucked out when I bought Megane recaros Shuv they fortunately sit quite a bit lower than Clio ones.

Anyways I didn’t find that I needed to do anything to the steering wheel as the standard adjustments were adequate. We are of course of different builds and height:grinning:

Do they just. Hmmmm.... Didn't know that.

***Renault must of had some metal left over, that they didn't use in the Clio gearboxes or manifold flexi's and decided to use it all up on the seat frames.....

Reactions: Doogle and Big Ben
Do they just. Hmmmm.... Didn't know that.

***Renault must of had some metal left over, that they didn't use in the Clio gearboxes or manifold flexi's and decided to use it all up on the seat frames.....

They definitely wanted to make sure they were secure! Could drill a ton of holes all over it and it wouldnt make alot of difference.

Mate may I ask where you got those bolts that replaced the upper bumper ones in the engine bay? mine are looking nuff so I was looking to replace them with some more presentable ones!

cheers