Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Looking at the specs there's a 1.4 with 178bhp and 201lb ft so could have been one of those. You obviously need some cams ; )

Reactions: sevenfourate
Looking at the specs there's a 1.4 with 178bhp and 201lb ft so could have been one of those. You obviously need some cams ; )

To be fair i was catching on the straight. I gained about 10 cars from something like 25mph - 90+mph.

At the next roundabout he was gone - mine started to scrab in 2nd gear and traction control cut in, car slowed and he was off until i found grip and car got into its stride again. By the start of 3rd gear i was back on him.

BUT: Surprising car you wouldnt blink twice at. After playing with a TT-225 a few weeks and making him look a bit daft in the twisties....i get a bit duffed up by a Punto !

Need to be on my guard. Im clearly a marked man :smile:

Latest (Surprising to me) "progress" is i got made to look a little stupid on my private test track this morning.

Exiting my mock roundabout, firing up the straight and launching into the other roundabout i own.....i got made to look slightly silly by a de-badged White 58 plate Punto with twin exhausts on the left hand side.

Kept pace and out-handled me. The other driver looked smug. I didnt.

De-badged and de-decal'd Abarth one maybe?? Or perhaps an engine conversion from a Stilo or something??

Was a low one... Sorry mate!

Bring your pride and joy to Snetterton on 13th November. I'm booked in with a buddy of mine

Can't be that far from sunny Lowestoft?

I've never been there and excited to try out my new map and zorst to the max!

Was a low one... Sorry mate!

Bring your pride and joy to Snetterton on 13th November. I'm booked in with a buddy of mine

Can't be that far from sunny Lowestoft?

I've never been there and excited to try out my new map and zorst to the max!

No way - Snetterton is about 30 miles from here thats all !!

Who's organising the day ?

If its nice - i will more than likely come up with a few mates for a day out and give you a look...........

To be fair i was catching on the straight. I gained about 10 cars from something like 25mph - 90+mph.

At the next roundabout he was gone - mine started to scrab in 2nd gear and traction control cut in, car slowed and he was off until i found grip and car got into its stride again. By the start of 3rd gear i was back on him.

BUT: Surprising car you wouldnt blink twice at. After playing with a TT-225 a few weeks and making him look a bit daft in the twisties....i get a bit duffed up by a Punto !

Need to be on my guard. Im clearly a marked man :smile:

Don't feel too disconcerted here, from what ive heard, around the lowestoft area Daniel riccardo has been seen recently, funnily enough in a punto. Perhaps you bumped into him!

The only thing actually happening here (Apart from being blown into the weeds by old 'grannies' in Punto's) - is the purchasing of parts.

I'm really just trying to keep up with Pav - as he's seems to be buying parts like the World is about to end, and hoarding them for future use. So in my 'apocalypse shelter' i currently have:

Complete cam-belt,aux belt, dephaser water-pump etc kit:

s-l1600%201_zpsdqzpvgwy.jpg

Brembo high carbon front discs:

s-l500%201_zpsmenjm6su.jpg

Ferodo front pads:

s-l500_zpsicd4ax9i.jpg

ELF gearbox oil:

s-l1600_zpszkvqouwq.jpg

Which is all being fitted later this month.

Im also hoping to get my steering wheel re-covered as soon as possible, and when i make my mind up - or better still: as soon as i can actually physically sit in some to try them.....i will be buying a different drivers seat. Basically with that - i'm just looking to individualise the contact points. ie: Seat, Steering wheel and gear knob.

Reactions: Pav
Always good to have a little stash of parts put away Syer - especially with these needy Clios! Which of the steering wheel re-trimmers are you going for?

Always good to have a little stash of parts put away Syer - especially with these needy Clios! Which of the steering wheel re-trimmers are you going for?

I have a plan Jimmy. Cant discuss right now - and will let you know why i cant when i can ! Im not sure WHO i will actually be using though. From the pics i've seen on here......i'd be more than happy with any of the re-vamp's ive seen pictured.

And DS2500 @Big Ben - Why that ? Suppose your now going to tell me i've made a huge mistake. Go on : spoil my day ! (Do you know i almost felt like Clint Eastwood then) :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy
great pads Syer..you will not regret..looking forward to seeing your new steering wheel too..something i need to be looking into in the future..mine is a disgrace tbh..
you liked the Corbeau seat didnt you??i liked them a great deal..really good price and they look spot on..

and haha to you comment above..gotta look after my baby,then she will look after me..that's the deal..:drunk:

Last edited:
Looks like your starting to stock up on the parts too!

Would like to see your steering wheel re-trimmed as i will be looking into doing mine next year.

Have you got a certain design in mind?