Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

That thing is cleaner than my 197......absolute credit to you Shuv. (Don't know whether to laugh or be embarrassed..)

Chain-driven is what led me to buy one in the first place, like you said, even though tappity when warm, they do go well and stay pretty solid.

Toying with getting my trailer license with a view to a daily diesel estate of some kind that would tow the Clio...

Reactions: sevenfourate
Happy New Year buddy !

Fingers crossed you might even work out how to post some piccies yourself in 2018 :tonguewink:

Ffs mate, don't start me, I've worked it out for every other site bar here! What seems to happen is that when I copy the link and paste it onto this site it actually pastes some of what I've copied and changes other bits so the link just turns out to bollocks! Lol

Ffs mate, don't start me, I've worked it out for every other site bar here! What seems to happen is that when I copy the link and paste it onto this site it actually pastes some of what I've copied and changes other bits so the link just turns out to bollocks! Lol

I can feel the rage building from here !

Tell you what. Send anything you might ever want to show us my way - and i'll host them for you and shuv (sic) them up.

Like some vehicle pics for starters :smile:

syershulver1@gmail.com

Reactions: Cossers
I can feel the rage building from here !

Tell you what. Send anything you might ever want to show us my way - and i'll host them for you and shuv (sic) them up.

Like some vehicle pics for starters :smile:

syershulver1@gmail.com
Lol bud, will do and appreciate the offer :smile: going to go yellow with the calipers so I'll take a few pics while I'm doing that, you can run my project thread! Lol

Hi all,

First time here (Proper) for exactly 2 months looking at my last log-in date.....although i have to be honest; i have briefed over the site a few times without logging in.

Car is still garaged, under cover and hooked up to its winter 'life support systems', new OZ wheels still sit in the box and the bonnet to be re-painted and then fitted is still at work. ie: I've done absolutely nothing; and it hasn't moved in 5 (?) months ! Other than buy a de-humidifier for the interior while it sits there.....

I'm kind of debating where i go with the Clio. It's a late, well specced, exceptional condition and low miles 200 and 1 of 147 made in RB. And if MK3 Clio's (Being the last of the N/A's) do go up in value. This 'could' be the one to have. I'm quite happy for it to stay in storage incase i fancy a blat someday / it may go up in value in the foreseeable. However not much point if its not and i'd clearly be better to use / sell; or infact do anything else with it !

Or do i sell it and put the money toward something utterly selfish and totally impractical. Which is what my heart wants right now ready for Summer. Even if my head isn't quite following suit right now. Time will tell; but for now a picture to remind ME of what it looks like :blush:

36688445065_ac30a0c038_b.jpg

I also couldn't help but notice - and comment on - how quiet its been on here and the fact a couple of the more prominent members haven't been on much, or have infact recently announced their leaving i see today. And i see that post was quickly closed down. Not being involved anymore i dont know whats been going on behind the scenes; but i didn't see anything derogatory or detrimental in that thread and would have thought talking about it collectively would be more helpful and constructive than not.

To me the site has changed and was changing when i chose not be involved as Admin any more. I felt it was becoming clicky, certain 'groups' were forming and many were coming on here and only talking about themselves / posting in their own threads - with little interest for others. To me it didn't seem the same happy-go-lucky, banter-laden and importantly 'open' group i so enjoyed a year previous. Which is pretty much why i haven't been on since.

Now this can be taken as a 'knock' if you so wish. Or it can be taken as the straightforward and constructive observations / "criticism" it's meant to be. If you know me at all / have met me in person at a meet; i would hope i'm see-through, speak common sense and always tell it 100% truthfully as i see it. And i'm saying nothing here i wouldnt say to anyone in person face-to-face.

Be interesting to see how this part of my post is viewed^^^^.

Take care in the snow chaps.

Cheers

Shuv.

Nice to hear from you Shuv. Hope you have wintered well?
This word “Clicky” has been mentioned by one other member to my knowledge in a goodbye post. In the forum you’re always likely to get sub divisions into guys/girls who want to comment on certain aspects more than others (trackdays,detailing,photos etc).
That doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t comment on other people’s posts but it tends to happen. Also those that have met in the flesh have formed relationships and are therefore more likely (I’m guilty I confess) to comment on friends posts.
Other people don’t need to be put off by this. They’re free to join in. Nobody gets bad mouthed on here.
Alternatively if they don’t like it they’re free to leave.

Nothing is perfect. I for one try to embrace the forum and treat everyone equally.

Hope you are well mate

Nice to hear from you Shuv. Hope you have wintered well?
This word “Clicky” has been mentioned by one other member to my knowledge in a goodbye post. In the forum you’re always likely to get sub divisions into guys/girls who want to comment on certain aspects more than others (trackdays,detailing,photos etc).
That doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t comment on other people’s posts but it tends to happen. Also those that have met in the flesh have formed relationships and are therefore more likely (I’m guilty I confess) to comment on friends posts.
Other people don’t need to be put off by this. They’re free to join in. Nobody gets bad mouthed on here.
Alternatively if they don’t like it they’re free to leave.

Nothing is perfect. I for one try to embrace the forum and treat everyone equally.

Hope you are well mate

Hi Ben,

I'm good bud. Hope you and yours are too. I'll catch up on your 'Beasts' thread later.....

You know me. I wear my heart on my sleeve and take things to heart. Perhaps i took things personally.

You too speak as you see it. And i can't deny, counter-act or otherwise anything you've said !

Reactions: Beany and Big Ben
Welcome back shuv, for however brief it may be :smile:
Granted on some of the ‘clicky’ comments are right but I guess over the time people have actually met in the flesh and bonds have formed.. i’m guilty of it but I still try to integrate with everyone else. Everyone has they’re own views / comments and that’s refreshing.

Hope your well anyway, it’s a shame to see the Clio wrapped up but I understand where your coming from... it always looks spot on tho, RB envy!

Welcome back shuv, for however brief it may be :smile:
Granted on some of the ‘clicky’ comments are right but I guess over the time people have actually met in the flesh and bonds have formed.. i’m guilty of it but I still try to integrate with everyone else. Everyone has they’re own views / comments and that’s refreshing.

Hope your well anyway, it’s a shame to see the Clio wrapped up but I understand where your coming from... it always looks spot on tho, RB envy!

Isn't it ironic (If true) that the meets designed to bring folk together; may have actually somewhat divided us.....

I've not purposely avoided here as-such. Clio tucked away, exceeding busy at work and having really gone silly overboard on Holidays this year finds me scrabling every waking hour to pay for them.

Hopefully the worst is over now on all counts and i can contribute a bit more here.

Hope your well Chris. And don't be envious. Nothing some elbow grease on your fine example won't sort. That's your elbow grease - not mine BTW :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Beany
Hi all,

First time here (Proper) for exactly 2 months looking at my last log-in date.....although i have to be honest; i have briefed over the site a few times without logging in.

Car is still garaged, under cover and hooked up to its winter 'life support systems', new OZ wheels still sit in the box and the bonnet to be re-painted and then fitted is still at work. ie: I've done absolutely nothing; and it hasn't moved in 5 (?) months ! Other than buy a de-humidifier for the interior while it sits there.....

I'm kind of debating where i go with the Clio. It's a late, well specced, exceptional condition and low miles 200 and 1 of 147 made in RB. And if MK3 Clio's (Being the last of the N/A's) do go up in value. This 'could' be the one to have. I'm quite happy for it to stay in storage incase i fancy a blat someday / it may go up in value in the foreseeable. However not much point if its not and i'd clearly be better to use / sell; or infact do anything else with it !

Or do i sell it and put the money toward something utterly selfish and totally impractical. Which is what my heart wants right now ready for Summer. Even if my head isn't quite following suit right now. Time will tell; but for now a picture to remind ME of what it looks like :blush:

View attachment 121139

I also couldn't help but notice - and comment on - how quiet its been on here and the fact a couple of the more prominent members haven't been on much, or have infact recently announced their leaving i see today. And i see that post was quickly closed down. Not being involved anymore i dont know whats been going on behind the scenes; but i didn't see anything derogatory or detrimental in that thread and would have thought talking about it collectively would be more helpful and constructive than not.

To me the site has changed and was changing when i chose not be involved as Admin any more. I felt it was becoming clicky, certain 'groups' were forming and many were coming on here and only talking about themselves / posting in their own threads - with little interest for others. To me it didn't seem the same happy-go-lucky, banter-laden and importantly 'open' group i so enjoyed a year previous. Which is pretty much why i haven't been on since.

Now this can be taken as a 'knock' if you so wish. Or it can be taken as the straightforward and constructive observations / "criticism" it's meant to be. If you know me at all / have met me in person at a meet; i would hope i'm see-through, speak common sense and always tell it 100% truthfully as i see it. And i'm saying nothing here i wouldnt say to anyone in person face-to-face.

Be interesting to see how this part of my post is viewed^^^^.

Take care in the snow chaps.

Cheers

Shuv.
I'll be honest here & say that I TOO have felt that things have gone a bit "off" here recently, but I've always felt that this is a bit of a cyclical thing & provided the "hardcore" long standing members hang in there & stay involved things will get back to normal. I left the "Spa trip" WhatsApp conversation because I felt it had become Cliquey but I'm looking forward to meeting everyone there. No criticism to anyone that's "had enough" but the only way we can pull this thing around is to stay involved & keep posting. I feel I have made genuine friends on here even though I haven't met them, & those who I have met I look forward to seeing again, some at Spa. Yes, we're all going to respond to posts by folk we "know" on here, but I do try to respond to new members & others who post too. If we all do the same we should be able to turn this thing around and make it the place it used to be.

I'll be honest here & say that I TOO have felt that things have gone a bit "off" here recently, but I've always felt that this is a bit of a cyclical thing & provided the "hardcore" long standing members hang in there & stay involved things will get back to normal. I left the "Spa trip" WhatsApp conversation because I felt it had become Cliquey but I'm looking forward to meeting everyone there. No criticism to anyone that's "had enough" but the only way we can pull this thing around is to stay involved & keep posting. I feel I have made genuine friends on here even though I haven't met them, & those who I have met I look forward to seeing again, some at Spa. Yes, we're all going to respond to posts by folk we "know" on here, but I do try to respond to new members & others who post too. If we all do the same we should be able to turn this thing around and make it the place it used to be.

Hi John,

And i think personally this stuff is best said. Simple as that.

I didn't think i would be / was the only one in my thinking. Out in the open is the only way it will be beaten. IMO.....

Hope you're well pal.

Reactions: Johnny 99
Isn't it ironic (If true) that the meets designed to bring folk together; may have actually somewhat divided us ...

inevitable i guess. had the same thing happen on a photography forum. there's just a bit of an extra connection, when people meet in person. pretty slow traffic on that forum nowadays, but a few of us still meet once a year. and that's people from all over europe (from finland to greece). quite amazing really.

that said, i don't think it's that bad in here.

welcome back mate. always enjoyed your input.

I think you’re right that it’s cyclical and there will be troughs and peaks.

I thought that the idea of taking the Spa trip over to WhatsApp was so that we didn’t appear cliquey on the forum:tearsofjoy:
I’m not a fan of the word however it’s spelt!

To many good people on the forum for it to be ruined by a few.

Hi John,

And i think personally this stuff is best said. Simple as that.

I didn't think i would be / was the only one in my thinking. Out in the open is the only way it will be beaten. IMO.....

Hope you're well pal.
Yeah I'm good Shuv, hope you are yours are too, or is that being cliquey?:wink:

inevitable i guess. had the same thing happen on a photography forum. there's just a bit of an extra connection, when people meet in person. pretty slow traffic on that forum nowadays, but a few of us still meet once a year. and that's people from all over europe (from finland to greece). quite amazing really.

that said, i don't think it's that bad in here.

welcome back mate. always enjoyed your input.

Hiya Peter.

Interesting observations on the photography forum.

Hopefully i'll chime in with my drivel a bit more now.........

Cheers.

Reactions: Johnny 99
Ffs clean that car! How’s the crack, just mentioned you in a post earlier and I don’t post much anymore! Sort of thought the same as yourself tbh! Still can’t post a fookin pic either! Lol I’ll give you a bell sometime if your free?

Ffs clean that car! How’s the crack, just mentioned you in a post earlier and I don’t post much anymore! Sort of thought the same as yourself tbh! Still can’t post a fookin pic either! Lol I’ll give you a bell sometime if your free?

Hiya bud,

Tied up with guests tonight...but would be really good to chat another evening / this weekend etc.

Am i hosting pictures in your thread :sunglasses:

Reactions: Cossers
YOU’RE BACK! Hooray!:grinning:

I agree with your comments about it being a bit quieter over the winter but can’t help but feel situations like yourself contribute to it, people garage their Clio’s and then don’t touch them for months on end - therefore no need to come on for advice or to post updates, I think it’s a natural circle and one which will come back the other way in the coming weeks/months.

Also, I know some people have gone completely over to Facebook which is fair enough, I myself use the group a fair bit for a quick sale or fast little bit of advice! But I will continue to update and be active on here as long as time allows...still working 70+ hour weeks but hopefully a few leads may sort themselves out and I could be back to 9-5 Monday to Friday soon enough - more time for trackdays and meets.

The WhatsApp group is a laugh and has come from the Christmas & Bedford meets. I try to keep the two apart just so I stay a little ‘impartial’ I guess, however the little spare time I have left in the day tends to get used on posts I get notifications about rather than full on browsing.

3 day weekend due to the weather and I feel rubbish so a few hours sifting through here will be done tomorrow!!

Hope you’re well mate, nice to speak to you the other day and hopefully we can have a proper chat again soon!:thumb: