Short term money lending advice.

I'm not the oldest and wisest member in the club, but I am aware we have many OAPs amongst us lol. I need some advice from people with experience.

Say I was to borrow £5000 over a short term, around the 12 month mark, what option would be the best way to go about it?

It'll either be a bank loan requiring me to pay back approximately £500 interest. Or some people have suggested a credit card and pay it off immediately and then cutting it up?

I'm confused... :s

£500 interest? I've just got one for 7k for 3 years and only paying £800 interest! But it will be paid off well before then. I'd go with your bank personally!! Always found it the easiest way and most helpful mate.

As above, another option for a cheaper interest rate could be obtained on a secured loan against property if you have that facility

If you got a card and you can pay it off in 12 months and it's intrest free go for that option and you save £500

relations are usually the cheapest to borrow from....well my two think so :bounce:

12 month interest free credit card, if not then a short term loan from a bank.

I would say try and find a credit card with 0% on purchases for a long term. But make sure you pay it off before the end of the term or you will be paying through the nose with the interest. It's a good way because it doesn't cost you anything and you can pay big chunks off it if you want and when you want.