Shocked by spark plugs

Just finished a mini service on the Clio, was a bit shocked by the gap between the electrodes.

edenutav.jpg

I made the cardinal sin of buying a car with very little history, how many miles do you reckon that old plug has got on it?

The state of the pollen filter was a little to be desired too.

...next job is swapping out the air-con condenser...

got your monies worth out of those....bet it will feel like a new car with new plugs in!!!

jesus!!! how many miles on the car ? as [MENTION=29]foxspeed[/MENTION] said what a difference you will feel with new plugs fitted

I bought the car with 78k on the clock, it's now got about 82k. I upgraded from a first gen focus so to me it felt really good. I'll report back tomorrow.

I bought the car with 78k on the clock, it's now got about 82k. I upgraded from a first gen focus so to me it felt really good. I'll report back tomorrow.

so they have done 82k then by the looks of it....should be done every 36k

Not surprised to see this, nearly every car i've bought 2nd hand has never had the plugs changed from new. It's not even a hard task!

Did my daily commute today and, I'm not sure whether it's the placebo effect but, it does feel a lot smoother and a bit more responsive at the low end. Not a bad result for £38!

Did my daily commute today and, I'm not sure whether it's the placebo effect but, it does feel a lot smoother and a bit more responsive at the low end. Not a bad result for £38!

it will be the new plugs....those old ones are that bad its lucky it wasn't misfiring at low revs/cold!!!

Cool I just ordered the ngk on eBay £35 not sure when mine were done but due it's 48k service so will get them put in then