She's too quiet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys, used the search function but couldnt find anything specific.

Basically I think my 197 is too quiet. When idling it's barely noticable and when it revs it sounds pretty ropey.

What is the best way to add some noise? Fitted a K&N to my ST which helped that a bit but they dont seem so popular on here?
I am also looking into the centre silencer removal (although I wouldnt know where to start) or just getting a new cat-back. Although I have been quoted for just the back exhaust and a Cat-back, what's the difference?

I removed my center silencer myself and fitted a straight stainless tube, it has a nice rasp at mid revs and also snaps and crackles when changing gear but be warned the flat spot is massively noticeable until its warmed up, all in all a good cheap mod, don't bother with induction kits renault spend alot of time & money on developing air boxes to suit the specific vehicles you'll just loose power due to all the hot air being sucked in, hope this helps

The only induction mods that have proven power gains are the Maxogen kit, the Ktec and the V6 Airbox as fitted to the Cup race cars. For anything else its as Ryan says, pointless trying.

Last edited:
i can vouch for the maxogen, it sounds awesome when you work the car, but when you cruise you wouldnt even know it was fitted, i.e. it doesnt drone on the motorway

Status
Not open for further replies.