She could be going!

bm147

Paid Member
Yep, she could well be gone by the end of the week!

After having to take a paycut at work to stay on I simply cant afford to keep her going anymore...

Its quite a big change but I may be getting a smart car, a world apart i know, but the fuel, insurance and general running costs of the car are so much cheaper... There are other alternatives I know but the Clio has got me in to a little bit of debt over the last few months so I dont really have any cash to spare even to get a cheap run around.

Will be really gutted to see it go if it does come off, spent the last few days thinking about the car, and it gets me down to think how much I really will miss it!

In the words of the comic book guy.... BEST CAR EVER!

Bob

Sorry to here this mate, If you get a smart avoid the old shape, I had a smart car For a few years the Brabus version, They are not very good engines mine needed a new alloy, exhaust, fly wheel, Turbo, engine rebuild in 15,000 miles and any independent mechanic who works on these will know there only good for 30k before a rebuild, if you do more meage the roadster is better as it's made to go quicker and better streamlined,

Sorry to here this mate, If you get a smart avoid the old shape, I had a smart car For a few years the Brabus version, They are not very good engines mine needed a new alloy, exhaust, fly wheel, Turbo, engine rebuild in 15,000 miles and any independent mechanic who works on these will know there only good for 30k before a rebuild, if you do more meage the roadster is better as it's made to go quicker and better streamlined,

Thanks Pete, Yep, its the new shape... '10' Plate, got 1500 on the clock (Demonstrator)

I do around 30 miles a day but all in and around town, no motorway miles
I didnt really realise they were that bad, my GF's uncle has had a couple and he absolutely loves them... He thinks they really are the best thing since sliced bread!

I think i clocked up 14,000 miles in the 197 in just over a year and 3months

Thanks Pete, Yep, its the new shape... '10' Plate, got 1500 on the clock (Demonstrator)

I do around 30 miles a day but all in and around town, no motorway miles
I didnt really realise they were that bad, my GF's uncle has had a couple and he absolutely loves them... He thinks they really are the best thing since sliced bread!

I think i clocked up 14,000 miles in the 197 in just over a year and 3months

yea the new ones are really good they have a proper engine thats been tested aswell as a better gearbox and chassis, The original was 14 years old before it went into production and nobody bothered to make sure it was ok to be used for anything more than a pottle around the city, I put 20k on mine in 10 months lol! and that was in london.