Shampoo

Jmax

197 F1 Team
Platinum Member
What car shampoo do you guys use? Thinking it might be time for a change and would like to see what everyone thinks of theirs.

John

Swissvax Car Bath, one cap full and a small mottle lasts around a year with one car and one wash a week as a guess.

I use Meg's soap can't remember name it's a yellow colour has carnauba in it and the sudding action is awesome it lasts a while costs £14 Halfords.

Depends on what I want to do to the car. I use Chemical Guys "Citrus Wash Clear" if i'm going for a deep clean as it strips any protection you have.

If it's just a regular wash, I use Megs "Ultimate Wash & Wax" which brings the car up really nice.

I alway found the Auto Glym Body Conditioner or whatever they call it to be fairly decent.

I went on a spending spree when I bought Nicole though in May '10 and decided to try some Sonus High Gloss Shampoo which I've been using ever since. A bottle will last more than a year based on 25-30 washes in that period, it smells nice and it helps the Mitt glide across the bodywork nicely. Roughly a tenner a bottle. :smile:

Depends on what I want to do to the car. I use Chemical Guys "Citrus Wash Clear" if i'm going for a deep clean as it strips any protection you have.

If it's just a regular wash, I use Megs "Ultimate Wash & Wax" which brings the car up really nice.

I would say most shampoos and foams will strip protection if you use too much.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

I think I'm going to give Auto Finesse Lather a go. Thinking I may need to order 5L of it though as I seem to be washing the car nearly every day.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

I think I'm going to give Auto Finesse Lather a go. Thinking I may need to order 5L of it though as I seem to be washing the car nearly every day.

We now have the newly-released 1 litre bottles of Dodo Juice Born to be Mild and Dodo Juice Sour Power in stock. They're much more heavily concentrated than most shampoos, which means they last significantly longer. We also offer 5% discount to forum members.

I have about 6 different ones I rotate through:

AutoGlym bodywork conditioner
Dodo Juice Born to Be Mild
Chemical Guys Maxi Suds 2
Chemical Guys Extreme Bubble Wash (special edition for charity)
Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss
Wolf's Chemicals Nano bathe (I think that's the name as I currently have Wolfs Hardbody on the car)
(I also have others but I rarely use them).

But the one I keep coming back to is Dodo Juice BTBM.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Big Ben Detailing 10
sevenfourate Detailing 4
Gilmos1 Detailing 2
Roy Detailing 17
Gazeratti Detailing 37