Service

Hey guys ive got my 28k Service coming up and was wondering what gets done in it and how much roughly it would cost, cheers in advance :wink:

this will be my second mate, apparantly i got my first after 7305 miles.... just flashed on my dash service due and wont move till i push a button to change to mpg or whatever

you going to dealers or other to have it done
dealers £200+
other £130-£150

It'll tell you in the service book what needs doing, but is probably air and oil filter, oil, cabin filter and air con clean. Plus the usuall checks such as pads and discs, tyres, suspension etc.

well i was gonna go to the dealers but not if you know what i mean...nice one thanks arranshuker, im needing new front pads think if i give them the pads they will fit them for me??

Quoting from the service and maintenance booklet provided with the car, the 36k service requires spark plugs in addition to the oil and filter and cabin filter which need changing at 12k or 12 month intervals (which ever is sooner). The air filter only needs replacing after 24k miles or 2 years (which ever comes sooner), so Jase if your car is 4 years old it most likely needs these unless it was done on millage previously. At 4 years (or 72k which ever comes sooner) old the brake fluid needs changing also.

So to summary, if your car is 4 years old (which I think yours is isn't it Jase?) it needs:

Oil and filter
Cabin filter
Spark plugs (because it has reached 36k miles as apposed to years)
Air con clean and check
Brake fluid.

Plus the standard checks which are usually visual only.

total waste, i just do the oil and plugs myself, fed up of payign renault tons of money for little service. its a joke

Just got my service done and i need new front pads and discs, just getting the standard pads but was wondering what sort of discs you guys would go for?