Sell complete or part out?

It's funny cause when you do the sums makes you realise how much the conversion costs. The parts alone are well over 5 grand unless your prepared to wait or your lucky. That doesn't include fitting. Given its another 2 grand new for clubsports and £700 new for brakes, £1000 new for wheels, Im not surprised I've had a lot of interest for the car (even though CatC) on the other forums....... so we'll see.

Next project will be German.

From experience you will make more money selling the bits. I had a mk1 Focus RS I stripped it back to standard and traded the car, I got 9k for the car and 6k for the bits, I would never of got 14k selling it complete. I had people come from all over to get the bits, everything went within a month. It took me a week to put the car back to standard, but it was worth the time and effort. There were seats, suspension, brakes, zorsts intercoolers, wheels, interior, fuel system, it all adds up a grand for this and a grand for that. It all depends on what people want.

What I did was made a list of what I had and put realistic prices against everything so it was priced to sell. Brakes a grand, suspension, a grand, front mount £500, etc etc, I know the Clio parts are cheaper, so you may not get as much, but it is the end sum that matters. At the end of the day, a modified car is very difficult to sell, unless you have someone that has been interested in the car. Most people run a mile as they don't know its history, and more importantly if it's a good job or a botch.

Now everyone wants to modifying there own car, so the bits are easy to sell, then a cheap Clio RS is easy to sell.

From experience you will make more money selling the bits. I had a mk1 Focus RS I stripped it back to standard and traded the car, I got 9k for the car and 6k for the bits, I would never of got 14k selling it complete. I had people come from all over to get the bits, everything went within a month. It took me a week to put the car back to standard, but it was worth the time and effort. There were seats, suspension, brakes, zorsts intercoolers, wheels, interior, fuel system, it all adds up a grand for this and a grand for that. It all depends on what people want.

What I did was made a list of what I had and put realistic prices against everything so it was priced to sell. Brakes a grand, suspension, a grand, front mount £500, etc etc, I know the Clio parts are cheaper, so you may not get as much, but it is the end sum that matters. At the end of the day, a modified car is very difficult to sell, unless you have someone that has been interested in the car. Most people run a mile as they don't know its history, and more importantly if it's a good job or a botch.

Now everyone wants to modifying there own car, so the bits are easy to sell, then a cheap Clio RS is easy to sell.

Agree. It's a realistic option and not one I'm ruling out......