Sell complete or part out?

Not sure whether to sell the car complete or put it back to standard and sell the parts or conversion off.....?

Tbh might just speak to SteC and see if he's got anyone interested in doing a 250 conversion. Might be able to sell it on complete....

I personally believe that if you have the time to do so return the car back to std.

Speak to SteC and sell the conversion to whoever is interested in doing it on their Clio (so popular now and yours is still rare). You've got the lot done (and more) so the potential ''conversion buyer'' won't have to look for parts, you'll save them time/money etc and therefore they will be willing to pay a nice premium as well (I would that's for sure). Swap the engines over, sell all the bits, return to std etc, and I'm sure you'll get much more out of it. Again, assuming you got time to do so.

Now...fancy a swap????lol

Last edited:
Sell complete to a happy owner. Waste of time and effort making the car what it is if you're going to strip it.

sell to an enthusiast.

Agree with rogue

Car needs to live on as it is. It's a great example. Be a shame to strip it

With Rogue and Ashton, at the moment you have a very special 197. Returning to standard will not only cost you more Pennies but you'll end up with a bog standard 197 that's a Cat C.

Having said that if you do break it I'll have first dibs on the clubsports and yellow interior bits please :thumbsup:

The plan is to whatever generates the most money for the next project. Need to do some sums and work out which works out better for me. If someone wants a 'job lot' drive it into SteC and out with 250 conversion, club sports, 330mm.....might be able to work something out.

I'm just sorting out a modified fuel pump so you'll see 320bhp and 360ftlb. This would be perfect for you Yiannis or Rogue.

Last edited:
I think stripping it would be the best way to get money back. Going off reading what I've just read, if the car is CAT C then the car itself is worth pennies, it's the parts on it that people will be paying for

if you have all the old parts it may be worth going back to standard, but surely the labour costs reverting back to standard will be pricey,

if you try to sell complete, you may lose a little but for the time and hassle it may be worth it

I'd literally strip it down to a bare shell, wouldn't bother replacing the car with standard parts.

Sell everything off, you'll see a better return and no hassle of having issues with the car once you've chopped and changed so many parts, it'll have a few first niggles meaning more ££ to spend.

Strip it, worth more in parts as all modified cars are once they get to that stage.

I'll take the brakes and the Recaro's. :smile:

I forgot the car was a CAT C write off. In that case I'd opt for the strip it option. Ideal scenario would be to find someone wanting the conversion done and you can just get everything swapped over.

Litchy can you speak to SteC whenever you got time and pm me the "drive in and out"magic number? These things don't come up often so I might as well make my life miserable for some time to manage to pay for it lol

Litchy can you speak to SteC whenever you got time and pm me the "drive in and out"magic number? These things don't come up often so I might as well make my life miserable for some time to manage to pay for it lol

Do it Yiannis, you know it makes sense

The plan is to whatever generates the most money for the next project. Need to do some sums and work out which works out better for me. If someone wants a 'job lot' drive it into SteC and out with 250 conversion, club sports, 330mm.....might be able to work something out.

I'm just sorting out a modified fuel pump so you'll see 320bhp and 360ftlb. This would be perfect for you Yiannis or Rogue.

what we saying, 2 grand for the lot? :-D

id strip it as well if it's cat c. What you funding?