Sat-nav solutions

I'm considering hard wiring in a power supply for my sat nav and putting a mounting point on corner of the door where the wing mirror is. I absolutely hate mounting it anywhere where it restricts view or covers the tweeter. Before I do this does anyone else have any interesting setups that they are keen on? Having to plug the wire in and tuck it over the steering wheel every time is a pain in the arse, as well as the wire always rubbing against my legs.

Pictures would be excellent :smile:

ETA: Being a Blackberry fan boy, using my phone in a holder is not an option as the screen is too small and the available software is **** IMO.

I've got a dash board mount for my tom tom. It's just a sticky backed plastic disc. Is this what you're thinking? If so, they're good, but make sure the surface is nice and flat too, cause they don't like being fitted on uneven places. But other than that, I recommend them. Not sure what you would do about the cable though.

This is my satnav solution. I hate carrying around more devices than I actually need to and certainly don't see the point in spending over £100 on a satnav when I can get full Europe maps for £35. The satnav software I use is CoPilot.

The dash mountings are the best I've come across so far and are from Brodit.

Iphone-Holder-B.jpg

And of course this also holds my entire music collection to be played via bluetooth. So a 3 in 1 device!

Last edited:
I could do with a better power point for my camera dectector as the power cord is stretched and gets in the way of gear lever if i fit (the dectector) above the centre dash display.

Probably a power lead coming out of the centre display.

This is my satnav solution. I hate carrying around more devices than I actually need to and certainly don't see the point in spending over £100 on a satnav when I can get full Europe maps for £35. The satnav software I use is CoPilot.

The dash mountings are the best I've come across so far and are from Brodit.

Iphone-Holder-B.jpg

And of course this also holds my entire music collection to be played via bluetooth. So a 3 in 1 device!

Its exactly what I've got. Its brilliant.

web by you got a link for that phone holder? Exactly type I'm looking for!

http://www.brodit.com/brodit.html?pn=home

Loads of places sell them from including Amazon. The only thing I'll mention is that DSL (a company that resells these) gave me the run around for a few weeks before delivering, didn't answer the phone or emails and took the money straight away. Please be careful with them, they do come at the top of the search list when you look for Brodit.

The one in the picture consists of two parts. The Clio dashboard mount and the iphone holder. The iphone holder is one of the more expensive models with the high back and includes the charger port at the base.

As for the charging cable, you could go through the dash, but a couple of velcro tie strips against the carpet has worked well for me.

Wonder what these brackets would be like for holding a phone/sat nav?

Look a lot less bulky and i've looked a stereo position and would not be blocking anything or getting in way of vents.