Factory Sat Nav

G8RSH

Winner - POTM April 2018
So, this week I removed the dash to get rid of all of the foam behind, whilst it’s out I’ve been considering removing my Sat Nav, stereo etc. What components consist of the set up in order to sell it as a full kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pulled a full kit from a Clio 2009 the roof aerial the cable all the way to the dash as the aerial picks up gps not just radio the microphone from the rear view mirror etc This is the stuff I pulled bolts and all I needed the climate control stuff so I pulled this as a kit for them at the same time although I think they are looking too much money for it. I read somewhere that the dash is paired with the radio somehow.
1588504725863.png

Reactions: G8RSH
I pulled a full kit from a Clio 2009 the roof aerial the cable all the way to the dash as the aerial picks up gps not just radio the microphone from the rear view mirror etc This is the stuff I pulled bolts and all I needed the climate control stuff so I pulled this as a kit for them at the same time although I think they are looking too much money for it. I read somewhere that the dash is paired with the radio somehow.
View attachment 139767

What would you say it’s worth?

Well that's the big problem the main value would be the Bluetooth/radio and media import ports I use a Brodt active cradle and Tomtom app in the phone streaming through a parrot MKI kit. But you will need a roof aerial possibly another radio and hand controller/stem control so that's a problem you might get away with a standard display or a Renault sport monitor.

Well that's the big problem the main value would be the Bluetooth/radio and media import ports I use a Brodt active cradle and Tomtom app in the phone streaming through a parrot MKI kit. But you will need a roof aerial possibly another radio and hand controller/stem control so that's a problem you might get away with a standard display or a Renault sport monitor.

I’m doing away with it all together as it’s now a track car [emoji1303]

Head unit about £50, TomTom about £100, the rest not worth much as they're only good for spares, you couldn't fit it into another clio without the dash loom and a massive headache! :tonguewink:

It's all needed the white box and the audio input and aerial that picks up GPS signal is all part of the radio along with the roof microphone for the Bluetooth the stem control for answering the phone if you are retro fitting your car does not have the dual frequency aerial along with the aerial loom lead to bring it to the dash. But it is all down to a person who wants a built in satnav when phones with a good charging holder can give so much better maps and travel information. The radio will have more value as more likely someone will want Bluetooth we are from N.Ireland so we know where we are going mostly. I thinks LINK's pricing is about right so you will be left with a hole in the roof without aerial but a good location for GPS lap timer or rear facing camera for track days. A lot of the onboard Isle of Man TT, NW200, Ulster Grand Prix and British Superbike cameras are bullet ones held on by Industrial BluTack which is actually black and amazing stuff it would be good to see some track stuff from outside the car.