RS 197 help????

cheers dude. aslong as ure not going to groom me for sex im happy to chat lol

ha-ha No of course i'm not mate.

give me the start of ur email address just so i know it's not a random virus person trying to be my friend on msn and i block him. lol

the names matt. and the 147 is pretty distinguishable. add u tomoz dude. im on early again so im up at 4

speak tomorrow.

the names matt. and the 147 is pretty distinguishable. add u tomoz dude. im on early again so im up at 4

speak tomorrow.

ok mate no worries.

Many thanks for advice once again

Nice speaking to you and don't work too hard tomorrow at work. remember it's a friday, chill out. lol :tongueout:

Take it easy

Hi Mate.

My mate who used to be my ex car machanic has one. They are lush. He's got his up to 400BHP. but as standard like you said they do probably drink like mad, be interesting to see how the 197 does matey.

I was getting around 17 when I first got my 197... 80 quid a week I managed to spaff for a while!

I was getting around 17 when I first got my 197... 80 quid a week I managed to spaff for a while!

Blimey you must of been limited on what you could spend and go out on a week then bud. lol.

I take it ur 197 is the one in ur avatar pic? I want to get that Albi blue colour, the same as urz?

Do you have any advice for me in regards to my post mate?

Cheers:jase2:

have a quick look on autotrader or pistonheads

There's one at the moment you could get that's a 57 plate albi blue, about 30k on the clock with cruise and everything but no xenons for about £8.5k. You could add xenons yourself.

I know your not buying til after christmas but then you could probably pick up a similar car for about a grand less.

have a quick look on autotrader or pistonheads

There's one at the moment you could get that's a 57 plate albi blue, about 30k on the clock with cruise and everything but no xenons for about £8.5k. You could add xenons yourself.

I know your not buying til after christmas but then you could probably pick up a similar car for about a grand less.

Hi Mate

Many thanks for your comment and for looking out for this deal. :001_rolleyes:

I have taken a look on Pistonheads and yes i have seen a stunning well looked after Albi blue 197. This has climate control, xenons, cruise control, auto wipers and lights. EVERYTHING THAT I WANT :tongueout:roud:

If had the money now i would put a deposit down. The only thing is considering the milleage is 45k i would bump down the price to a suitable 7-7.5k max. As this would be my maximum limit on budget. I am not 21 still Jan next year so i am thinking of gettin it next year as insurance will be a bit cheaper than. Hopefully i can look out for a stunning car with extra's like this next year, more nearer my price limit as like you said it'll be a year on from now.

I am looking for a clio with the current (pre-facelift lights) as shown on the clio on pistonheads as i thought i would only be able to have the xenon lights with them style lights?? Sorry for being fussy but i thought i would have to look for this style light for the xenon's to fit?

I would be interested to find out how much auto wipers, and lights would be if i had them fitted if i was to take it into dealership. I imagine with a job like this it would need to be done by a professional dealership??

Many thanks once again and look forward to ur reply dude.

Chris

Last edited:
BUY 1 while they are cheap buyers market:smile:

I would love to buy one now if i had the cash mate.

Unfortunately i have had to spend alot on my racing this season due to lack of sponsorship and waiting till i'm 21 next jan so still got time yet mate.

My budget is 7500 at most mate

I'm not really that knowledgeable about all the extra's i.e. the lights variations etc as I've got an 08 cup (which is the stripped down lightweight version)

I can honestly say though as you have race car experience you'd love the cup chassis - lower ride height, stiffer springs and damping, red brembo's etc.

The cup pack is also available on the 'full fat' version so look out for those that have - luxury and track set up all in one package.

I'm not really that knowledgeable about all the extra's i.e. the lights variations etc as I've got an 08 cup (which is the stripped down lightweight version)

I can honestly say though as you have race car experience you'd love the cup chassis - lower ride height, stiffer springs and damping, red brembo's etc.

The cup pack is also available on the 'full fat' version so look out for those that have - luxury and track set up all in one package.

Hi Mate.

Yeah i was looking at the 172 cup ages ago, all down to my racing experience as you say and using the clio on a few track days with it, but then i thought, i would like some luxury with it as well like auto wipers and lights xenon's etc. Are the full fat versions rare to find mate? Is the f1 edition full fat one?

the R27 (F1) would be perfect for u as it has the cup pack and all the toys, including recaros. the only problem is they''re a bit rarer and as a special edition they're a bit more £££'s.

you might get lucky and find a 197 cup with all the extra's you want spec'd.

the R27 (F1) would be perfect for u as it has the cup pack and all the toys, including recaros. the only problem is they''re a bit rarer and as a special edition they're a bit more £££'s.

you might get lucky and find a 197 cup with all the extra's you want spec'd.

Yeah the F1 edition is really nice. Got all the extra's, well I say all, most of them anyway such as xenons's , push start entry. I would like if I did get one to put auto lights, and auto wipers on the car. The Recaro seats are lush, look the bees knees. It's all down my budget at the end of the day, as like u said they are just that 3-4k more than my £7500 max budget.

P.S I take it when u said the F1 edition would be perfect for me, u mean me or someone else on here? Lol.

Mate I took a while to find mine. Got it with auto lights, auto wipers and apart from the fin and the filter everything in my sig :thumbup: Let them do the hard work! You never know... Iwa thinking about getting a 200 next year so you could buy mine:w00t:

Mate I took a while to find mine. Got it with auto lights, auto wipers and apart from the fin and the filter everything in my sig :thumbup: Let them do the hard work! You never know... Iwa thinking about getting a 200 next year so you could buy mine:w00t:

Hi mate.

I know what u mean, it's just a matter of going out there and being patient and not rushing into buying and waiting for a good deal to come around like what you got.

You car is lush, looks the bees knees. well maintained, got the extra, that I want, best colour, cup spoiler which I was going to fit anyway, shark fin which must look cool.

I live in Basingstoke so pretty local to you. If you did set your sights on a 200 and my sponsorship goes well for my racing and most importantly the price was right and within my budget, you have youself a very interested buyer matey. :smiley:

Hi mate.

I live in Basingstoke so pretty local to you. If you did set your sights on a 200 and my sponsorship goes well for my racing and most importantly the price was right and within my budget, you have youself a very interested buyer matey. :smiley:

Actually got mine from baisingstoke! Need to get a meet for around newbury/baisingstoke way...Anyone? :thumbup: Also defo don't rush it..wish I'd held out sometimes for a white one... oh well Albi rocks anyway

Actually got mine from baisingstoke! Need to get a meet for around newbury/baisingstoke way...Anyone? :thumbup: Also defo don't rush it..wish I'd held out sometimes for a white one... oh well Albi rocks anyway

ha-ha thats cool. the fast blue machine has stayed local then. :smiley: Yeah i am up for meeting up mate. I go away to Barcelona on Saturday - Wednesday but anytime just give me a bell. :smiley: I know, it's just waiting for the right moment. White do look eye catching with black alloys. On saying that like you said the Albi blue is also an awesome colour which i'm sure turns alot of peoples heads. :smiley:

Cheers for reply dude :thumbup: