Replacement Brake Pads and Discs

Hi all,

My first time posting on here so I hope I've got the right area!

I recently had my Clio 197 serviced and it was noted that I need to replace my front and rear brake pads and discs. I am looking for a genuine part like for like replacement so Brembo pads etc. and was hoping I could find some guidance on this forum as to the best place to purchase these?

The part numbers and prices they've quoted are shown below (high prices I know hence me searching for myself!).

(FRONT PADS SET £117.06) - 7701208218
(REAR PADS SET £54.30) - 7701208213
(REAR DISCS (EACH) £127.24) - 8200736267

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

Personal opinion, I really wouldn't spend a huge amount of money on rear pads. The rear brakes do next to nothing on these cars. I run the cheapest of cheap pads in my track car (read £16 from local motor factors), they are hardly used after 4 hard track days, and my car stops on a sixpence.

Reactions: JMR and DS197
Get on GSF Car Parts https://www.gsfcarparts.com/ and use code: PAY56 for 56% off

Front Brembo Discs
Front Brembo Pads
Read Brembo Pads

£124.92

Then get the rear discs from RPD http://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/parts/popular-products-2/brake-disc-set-rear-clio-megane/ for £184.99

All in for £309.91 which I think is a very decent price!

Thanks for the info!

The part numbers on gsfcarparts don't match with the ones I was given that are currently fitted on my 197. Will this matter when coming to fit the new ones?

Thanks for the info!

The part numbers on gsfcarparts don't match with the ones I was given that are currently fitted on my 197. Will this matter when coming to fit the new ones?

I got ones from GSF a while back, dirt cheap with discount and good quality, only difference between the genuine renault and OE brembo ones is that the hub isn't painted so they tend to rust up. The pads are pretty much identical tho.

... only difference between the genuine renault and OE brembo ones is that the hub isn't painted so they tend to rust up.

brembo discs with this serial number, 09.8904.11, have a coated hub. got them on my car. no rust.

Thanks for the info!

Put your licence plate in to GSF, this will make sure that you get the right ones.
I ordered mine from them after putting in my licence plate and they are definitely the correct ones.

brembo discs with this serial number, 09.8904.11, have a coated hub. got them on my car. no rust.

Agreed, they usually do a couple of part numbers, I replaced the MINI rear discs and pads in Feb.
One set of rears had no coating, the other had a black coating.
I bought the coated ones and put wheel sealant on them while they were on the worktop.

Got all mine from GSF with the 45% off. So 56 is great!

Agreed, they usually do a couple of part numbers, I replaced the MINI rear discs and pads in Feb.
One set of rears had no coating, the other had a black coating.
I bought the coated ones and put wheel sealant on them while they were on the worktop.

Got all mine from GSF with the 45% off. So 56 is great!

Yeah spot on. XXX.10 is non coated, XXX.11 is coated. Wish I knew before I bought mine!

Reactions: JMR