Removing front arch liners?

E

Ed...

Im wondering what difference it makes?

Basically the car is so low it bottoms out on the arches at speed not only does it reck the tyres it makes an awfull noise and wondered if any1 has done it?

Its either take em out or jack the car back up so it looks like its in stilts lol . . . .

Opinions please :smile:

I ran my old MK2 with no arch liners and it made no difference. Although if the stones chip the metal you'll get rust obviously so if you can paint them with something it'd help. It also stops water going to the engine bay.

I had no issues running my old car without them though.

take em out and spray around with some anti-chip body finish to provide some protection to the exposed parts of the wheel arches :thumbup1:

Removing the inner arch liners leaves a lot of stuff exposed. Dunno if I'd be willing to risk it.

Cant remember off hand but when I had them out to remove the front bumper I can remember thinking that there would be a mess in the engine bay if they werent there.

Think the biggest risk would be flicking stones up towards the spinning belt/pulley. Not to mention the constant pinging of stones on metal.

Cant remember off hand but when I had them out to remove the front bumper I can remember thinking that there would be a mess in the engine bay if they werent there.

Think the biggest risk would be flicking stones up towards the spinning belt/pulley. Not to mention the constant pinging of stones on metal.

Yeah I have to agree, I ran no arch liners on my saxo, and the amount of dirt/chip damage which was done, to be both the engine bay, and door shuts, dirt and rubbish coming through was shocking!

How do ppl get there cars so low without removing them then? Its an awfull sound when it bottoms out in a corner sounds as thgh its gunna rip the bumper and wing off lol

I think really joy cars have remanufactured liners which are deeper than normal. Im not sure if you would be able to improvise something to fit properly.

The obvious alternative would be to raise the car an inch :wink:

How do ppl get there cars so low without removing them then? Its an awfull sound when it bottoms out in a corner sounds as thgh its gunna rip the bumper and wing off lol

Do the Clio race cars have different (Deeper) arch liners? Coz they run with the top of their wheel/tyre in the arch.

Could you not try and mod them yourself?

think what you need to do is remove the top part of the arch liners and keep the lower+sides to stop muck getting in to the engine bay etc