Remove sound proofing?

Thinking of removing all the sound proofing as I love the noise and the drama of the naturally aspirated 4 pot. Anyone know the best place to start? Rarely do long journeys and don't generally use the radio so the noise isn't an issue

To be honest. Removing the sound deadening was the worst thing I did - though the car is stripped.
The boot floor vibrates from the noise of the exhaust. It’s behind annoying

If you want some more noise, fit an induction kit

Reactions: Chris.200
Thanks, perhaps I'll leave the boot flooring in then! "The worst thing I have ever done" suggests it's not the best idea!

Have looked at induction kits but most cone filters available seem to have no cold air feed/ completely exposed in the engine bay, which can't bode well for performance (I believe).

The ktec one utilises some original pipe work in order to draw in cold air.

Unless you’re using it on track, I really wouldn’t bother on a road car, as all you’ll do is make everything rattle.
There is patches of bonded deadening dotted around the car, but I think most of the noise suppression comes from the foam under the carpets.

A simple way of getting some more volume inside, is to drop the rear seats

Reactions: bedoef
If you want more noise, get the Toyosport manifold. Cheap enough that it's hard to ignore, and the car will sound miles better!

Thanks for the suggestions. If my car passes it's mot in 6 weeks (1% chance ), I'll look at putting in the ktec induction. Flexis are almost shot, so will do the Toyo manifold at the same time.

Thanks for the suggestions. If my car passes it's mot in 6 weeks (1% chance ), I'll look at putting in the ktec induction. Flexis are almost shot, so will do the Toyo manifold at the same time.

I have heard some tuners recommend leaving the stock airbox on for power, as it seems to be the best one besides a V6. Ask around with a few tuning houses (independent from Ktec, etc) and see what they say.

I have heard some tuners recommend leaving the stock airbox on for power, as it seems to be the best one besides a V6. Ask around with a few tuning houses (independent from Ktec, etc) and see what they say.
I agree that most induction kits would be a waste of money. However, I experimented with a CDA and noticed a marginal increase in power, and the sound was amazing. It had a cold air feed. Have an R3 now and that definitely gives a nice increase with a very direct cold air feed.

Reactions: bedoef
I am replacing some of the sound proofing, as tracks are a long way for me,( SPA 1200miles), and at 80 years old, I need to preserve any hearing I have left!.

I am replacing some of the sound proofing, as tracks are a long way for me,( SPA 1200miles), and at 80 years old, I need to preserve any hearing I have left!.

I have a 197 with no sound proofing with toyo mani and nonres scorpion cat back, I would not like to drive that to SPA :tearsofjoy: