Remove CLIO lettering on Matt Paint (Clio Raider)

Hi everyone!

As per title, I'm wondering what's the best way to remove the CLIO letters on a Matt Paint (Clio Raider)?75a3dfa2dbc4357a4acb4a70434a50a3.jpg

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Use a hair dryer on a low setting, making sure not to keep it in one spot, and use some dental floss to cut through the glue.

Use a hair dryer on a low setting, making sure not to keep it in one spot, and use some dental floss to cut through the glue.

Thanks for your help, pulling off the letters is not really the issue... I'm more concerned about what product I can use to get remove the glue on a MATT paint once it's done!?

I would look at the BMW Frozen matte examples, but looking at it, it is no different to normal painted cars, just might leave more of a halo.

Reactions: benjabien
I wouldn't do it! The letters and badge(s) are on there for about 8 years now and there will be a colour difference between the parts that were exposed to the environment and the ones covered. No matter if the car was garaged or not.

One of the previous owners of mine has removed the RS badge on the boot and under certain conditions (depending on lighting and/or if the car is dirty) you can see where the badge was located before. It's barely noticable but if you know and look closer you'll see it.

If you really are going to remove them there's a product called Eulex M (Eum) from a German company named Koch-Chemie. It's a product to remove glue, tree gum and rubber residue also from matt paints which I can recommend.

http://www.koch-chemie.de/en/Detailing/Washing_exteriors_and_pretreatment/#Eulex M

Last edited:
I wouldn't do it! The letters and badge(s) are on there for about 8 years now and there will be a colour difference between the parts that were exposed to the environment and the ones covered. No matter if the car was garaged or not.

One of the previous owners of mine has removed the RS badge on the boot and under certain conditions (depending on lighting and/or if the car is dirty) you can see where the badge was located before. It's barely noticable but if you know and look closer you'll see it.

If you really are going to remove them there's a product called Eulex M (Eum) from a German company named Koch-Chemie. It's a product to remove glue, tree gum and rubber residue also from matt paints which I can recommend.

http://www.koch-chemie.de/en/Detailing/Washing_exteriors_and_pretreatment/#Eulex M

Thanks for the advice, I'm aware the shade of grey ([emoji28]) might be different, but willing to risk it...

I had a look at different solutions last night and found the Koch Chemie but wasn't sure whether it would be suitable for Matt paints so cheers for that.

Also heard positive things about the GYEON Q2m Tar, do you know anything about that product?

Cheers

Thanks for your help, pulling off the letters is not really the issue... I'm more concerned about what product I can use to get remove the glue on a MATT paint once it's done!?
Just normal IPA will do.