Remap today

how long did it take as tdf is the nearest place for me to have re map.

Matt says between 1 and 2 hours, I think mine actually took about 1 hour 30 mins including some cooling down time when I arrived. For some reason you can't read the standard map until coolant temp has come down to 65 DegC

The little fibber, mine made 187 standard :wink:

Seriously though that's a nice result mate, Matts fantastic, our 182 goes like stink after he messed with it

Very nice, what power did you make after a remap?

Does tour de force use rs tuning maps then?

Yep, RS tuning maps but tweaked on the dyno

He remapped the 182 just after I had Catcams fitted, the mods together gave me a 10bhp peak increase and about 18lb of torque, but the difference the mods made to mid range power was unreal. It goes mental now when u get to 5K :thumbup:

Well, obviously the rollers measure power at the wheels but the fly horsepower is estimated. I think mine was estimated to have lost 12.7bhp through drivetrain so that would make it 178.7bhp at the wheels

Matt says between 1 and 2 hours, I think mine actually took about 1 hour 30 mins including some cooling down time when I arrived. For some reason you can't read the standard map until coolant temp has come down to 65 DegC

Yep, RS tuning maps but tweaked on the dyno

you can change the coolant temp sensor for read/write map also if it is up 65degC:wink::wink:

Well, obviously the rollers measure power at the wheels but the fly horsepower is estimated. I think mine was estimated to have lost 12.7bhp through drivetrain so that would make it 178.7bhp at the wheels

Are you sure?

12.7 is a very very low loss. Even with a racing box you would lose more than that.

My meg lost 40bhp.

Rough figures 230 at the fly 190 atw.

But still that was only a calc so not acurate. Even on a run down dyno the fly is not acurate cos you are calculating the loss by running the box down rather than the loss it feels reving up.

Only way to do it is engine out and on a bench.

Wheel figures should be acurate though.

Sooo have mappers overcome the fuel trim back to defaults after a few weeks of running? Lots of 197's were losing maps last year when i was in the loop

Are you sure?

12.7 is a very very low loss. Even with a racing box you would lose more than that.

My meg lost 40bhp.

Rough figures 230 at the fly 190 atw.

But still that was only a calc so not acurate. Even on a run down dyno the fly is not acurate cos you are calculating the loss by running the box down rather than the loss it feels reving up.

Only way to do it is engine out and on a bench.

Wheel figures should be acurate though.

Oops, yea you're right. Not sure where I got that figure from. It was about 15% loss through transmission so that's 25bhp loss through transmission.

Gaz; they were losing maps? I have never heard that one before. The only logical explanation I can think of is that the dealers were flashing the ecus when servicing the clios.

one explaination was a multi layered type of map. The ecu uses a series of them dependin on the different conditions, temperature etc. Then uses one. When u get it remap it only remaps the one um usin at that time. That when it changes 2 a anotha map due 2, say temperature, u lose the map. I fink its crap 2 b fair.

Hmmmm, as far as im aware there were 3 maps.

Cold start, normal ( what you would get mapped ) and limp mode.

So once the engine has warmed up it should be running on the new map

Cold start is massively improved, I think the map affects cold start and normal operating temperature. I would guess limp mode is untouched

F1RACR_5032_6042_front_3Q.jpg
Ours are Dynopack one bolted to each wheel for a true output.
Waltham Forest College Automotive Engineering Dept.

Last edited:
I've never seen one like that. Makes sense as you're removing a load of errors from the rollers. Just bolted straight to the dyno, I like it