redundancy advice / experience

well got given 14 days notice.....take the enhanced voluntary terms or we will make you go....:bye2:

From what you've mentioned I would take the redundancy package and find work elsewhere. Similar situation as you 5 years ago, I took the package then went back into the contract market which worked out perfect as this then lead to me being head hunted and getting a job of my dreams abroad, whereas the guys who stayed on and relocated to kent in different roles, still lost their jobs after 18 months.

If you don't mind me asking what do you do?

forget Question , just seen your a mechanic I'd take the package and you'll have no problems either going alone (which my father did) or go get work else ware (just make sure to get references in writing to take with you) your skilled and that is something not everyone can do so even finding temp. work shouldn't be too hard (well down my way always see mechanics wanted)

Last edited:
It's not the worst time in the past 3 years to find a job, if thats any conselation mate. I'm sure something will come along, it always does :smile:

well i am now jobless.....

will see about signing on next week so i can be included in the governments doom and gloom statistics next month :001_rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that Si
You got anything in pipe line to what your going to do???
Hope you get sorted soon

welcome to the club, lost my job about a month ago, granted i didnt intend to stay there long but it was sprung on me with 2 weeks notice. didnt get a great deal in redundancy pay but had 1 month pay in leu for notice. its depressing not having a job and the endless applying gets tedious. good luck

welcome to the club, lost my job about a month ago, granted i didnt intend to stay there long but it was sprung on me with 2 weeks notice. didnt get a great deal in redundancy pay but had 1 month pay in leu for notice. its depressing not having a job and the endless applying gets tedious. good luck

its a "big" club...about 2.57m in i think :thumbdown:

and i know what you mean over the jobs :001_rolleyes:

got a lead to phone monday......:huh:

ive got an interview tomoro and if that doesnt go well i have got a job lined up to start next week within the same company i was at before, still not i want to do but until that perfect job comes along itl do

Sorry to hear that Si, am sure you'll find something. Harratts could do with somebody of your knowledge working in their service/parts departments.

well got a job start 01/01/2012...

national fleet engineer for a contract hire company :thumbup:

Woohooo!!! :thumbup:

I know you have told me already, but any chance to celebrate!

well got a job start 01/01/2012...

national fleet engineer for a contract hire company :thumbup:

Congratulations, so worked out well for you. a lot of the doom and gloom with unemployment is within the unskilled sector.

Technically I'm unemployed but not signing on as studying to become electrician and yesterday got offer of working for a private electrical firm while I'm still studying as to become registered electrician it's done in stages so good week all round as I was wondering if I'll find work once qualified with the way things have gone

Congratulations, so worked out well for you. a lot of the doom and gloom with unemployment is within the unskilled sector.

Technically I'm unemployed but not signing on as studying to become electrician and yesterday got offer of working for a private electrical firm while I'm still studying as to become registered electrician it's done in stages so good week all round as I was wondering if I'll find work once qualified with the way things have gone

that sounds good training and working as well :thumbup:

seen plenty of jobs for electricians :cloud9:

Nice one Si, good to hear you got a job right away almost! At least you got some time off over Christmas too. I regretted not having time off between my jobs when I got made redundant earlier this year.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bucko Clio 200 Area 9
H Clio 200 Area 0
Danvdb1 Clio 197 Area 1
K General Chat 3
Gouldy General Chat 15