Recaros to standard seats- Check airbag light on dash?

N0ddie

Platinum Member
As above.

Anyone got any explanations?

I've checked the plugs and they are fine. Cables to. Done it with the battery disconnected and connected and its still up.

Any suggestions?

As above.

Anyone got any explanations?

I've checked the plugs and they are fine. Cables to. Done it with the battery disconnected and connected and its still up.

Any suggestions?

Think the airbag ecu will think the sub airbag is there but not activated,pop into Renault and they should take it of for you.

Think the airbag ecu will think the sub airbag is there but not activated,pop into Renault and they should take it of for you.

Could be this, I always thought cars with Recaros didn't have sub airbags. Maybe because the bags in the std seat are different the ecu is saying "wtf"

Could be this, I always thought cars with Recaros didn't have sub airbags. Maybe because the bags in the std seat are different the ecu is saying "wtf"
Yeah Recaros dont have sub airbag and the standards do so when Martin got all connected up think the airbag ecu is say"wtf"i think there is a sub airbag there lol!!

I've swopped seats in a 197 and 200 many times, have always disconnected everything and that pesky light still comes on!

After swopping the seats in the 200 I had to tell it what airbags it had.

Luckily I have a friendly almost local garage who has always sorted it for £20.