Recaro seat base changed

Adrian

Platinum Legend
Platinum Member
I took mine in to Sunwin Mansfield the week before last for some warranty work. One of the problems was the drivers side seat base. The foam had collapsed under the material. It had very light wear, but they managed to get it changed under warranty. Really glad they could do it as it is coming upto the 2 year cut off point for the interior warranty and it was bugging me.

2 year cut off for the interior :blush:

pretty bad given the known problems with the Recaro's. How do you find Sunwin mansfield?

I am lead to believe the interior is only covered by a 2 year warranty for wear and tear items, hopefully someone can clarify this. As for Sunwin Mansfield, they are not too bad actually. The sales department are crap, but service seem to have upped their game over the last year or so. The only bug bear I have with them, is that they dont ring to let you know when its ready, even if you ask them to. A couple of the technicians are on the RS forum aswell I am lead to believe. Plus the service receptionist is rather nice, which is always a bonus !

The wife had the drivers done and its gone again after 6000 miles, Renault have agreed to sort both seat bases and repaint the rusty sub frames as an act of good will me paying 10%,

We've been waiting for 3 months and the date just keeps slipping and in this time the seat back has started to show wear, so I've ask Auto trim to quote for redoing them in leather

Shame as it ruins a great car

i am in the process of having my seat back's replaced just waiting for renault customer services to ok everything. I had both seat bases replaced three month a go

rich

My passenger seat is just starting to show a bit of wear and tear and also the seat frame (passenger) is showing alot of signs of rust!

The wife had the drivers done and its gone again after 6000 miles, Renault have agreed to sort both seat bases and repaint the rusty sub frames as an act of good will me paying 10%,

We've been waiting for 3 months and the date just keeps slipping and in this time the seat back has started to show wear, so I've ask Auto trim to quote for redoing them in leather

Shame as it ruins a great car

Emailed Renault again today but still no reply so it looks like the Auto trim route, they really are c**p

Thing is, the parts they are replacing them with are the same. So you'll be in the same boat a year or so down the line. Poor show imo

Emailed Renault again today but still no reply so it looks like the Auto trim route, they really are c**p

Well after 4 months of waiting! the dealer had the car for 2 days last week,

Repainted the sub frames, two new seat bases and a new driver’s seat back + ecu update for the Kangaroo + new driver’s side door seal