Can I use Recaro CS Seatbases for Sparco Bucket Seats?

Hi,

I currently have a set of Recaro CS seats in my car and as I am stripping it out for almost solely track use I am going to change to some fixed bucket seats. Can i use the seatframes from the Recaros or what are the best frames to use?

Thanks

G

Unfortunately you can't, you need either bolt to floor fixed side mounts, or you need seat bases that you can then put sliders on to allow for adjustment, it depends on your preference.
You will get good money for your Recaros whole, so that will offset getting bucket seats in anyway.

The slide rail part of the Recaros are the same in all the Mk3 Clios if you sell your Recaros I think the average subframe price is £85 - £120 as far and I know the Recaro is a lot lighter than the standard style seat. The Recaro CS seat is still a comfort seat with tilt and adjustment so your only options are FIA race seats approved or not and normally have their own mounting frames although OPM seem better priced/availability of subframes and options like slide rails and tilt forward plates. Remember the drivers seat has height adjustment mechanism which is heavy the passenger seat is a true weight compare and might not be that much heavier than race seat, so a lowering subframe for the CS might do the trick. Although some people use the cars everyday it would be the usability of the car on the road seeing what's coming reversing and pulling out of junctions those seats with the wrap round head wings surely cant be road legal when you consider window tints and cracks on windscreens can get attention how does it all work around MOT time?

A bolt straight to the floor mount + a bucket seat is quite a lot lighter than the Recaros (passenger or driver seat).
I agree about wrap around buckets on a road car isn't the best idea, I know Nürburgring banned them a while back (not sure if it is now ok).

Thanks very much for all the input, I was looking at some Sparco seats (Evo or APro 2000) that are 7 or 8kg so even with mounting plates a lot less than the Recaros (about 25kg with base).

I wasn’t sure if I could just bolt the side mounts directly to the floor but it seems like the advice is that I can. Looks like I will have some seats for sale soon,

Cheers